Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Failed While Processing Webvirtualdirs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

snowdins

snowdins

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Upon installing 2.0.5 you may see this error and the installation will fail. Something on your Windows Home Server has changed the IP Address of the default website. P80 did not do this, nor did any prior version. I did not take this under consideration for the installer, nor did I or any of my testers.

I will have a fix for this, this evening. In the meantime if you want to get P80 running now, go into IIS on your WHS. Right click the "Default Website" icon and select properties. Goto the Website tab, if not allready there. Make sure the IP Address field states "All Unassigned". Save the changes and reinstall P80.
  • RebelGTP likes this

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

snowdins

snowdins

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Custom headers in IIS for the default website will also cause issues. The new build wil allow for custom headers as well as custom ip's for the default website. I hope to have a new build in three to four hours. Sorry about this to the people it applies to but we will get you up and running soon.

I hope you see I am actively trying to fix any and all bugs. I really want to see this app succeed.
  • RebelGTP likes this

snowdins

snowdins

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
This problem just got way to entirely not good when a person changes the header of the default website to something other than the default....

I am not sure their is a solution for this. I have fixed if a user has selected specific ip for the default website, but it looks like if a person changes the header then this is major work.

Thanks to whoemever wrote the My linkhttp://wiki.wegotserved.com/index.php?title=Protect_your_WHS_Web_Site_from_ IP_Scanners .. you just ruined my night.....
  • RebelGTP likes this

snowdins

snowdins

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
I will not be releasing a fix this weekend.

Basically if you have the know how to change IIS settings then you can fix the problem:

1. Set the default website IP = All Unassigned
2. Set the header for that to nothing
3. The port must be 80
4. Install P80

If you didn't change the settings yourself, then I am sorry but there is no easy fix for this and Im not sure how to make it work with customer headers and/or custom ports.

I imagine this affects very little people.
  • RebelGTP likes this

darren-mc

darren-mc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Fixed it for me

thanks for the tip...by the way this is one of the great plugins...well done!
  • snowdins likes this

fasthair

fasthair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Custom headers in IIS for the default website will also cause issues. The new build wil allow for custom headers as well as custom ip's for the default website. I hope to have a new build in three to four hours. Sorry about this to the people it applies to but we will get you up and running soon.

I hope you see I am actively trying to fix any and all bugs. I really want to see this app succeed.

Dude I think you are doing a hell of a job with support!!!

What I'm really surprise at is that we never seen this error before. I can't count how many times I installed/uninstalled all version and test builds of P80 while helping you test thing. The countless things I broke while doing all that testing and this never once showed it ugly head. I was stunned when I seen the error being reported even on virgin machines. I mean I broke about every thing I could break in P80 and you found and fixed the problem every time.

Anyway I wanted to give you a public 'atta boy for all of your hard work and outstanding support of your great little app!

fasthair
  • RebelGTP and snowdins like this

Dave Marchant (WGS)

Dave Marchant (WGS)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,722 posts

Dude I think you are doing a hell of a job with support!!!

Anyway I wanted to give you a public 'atta boy for all of your hard work and outstanding support of your great little app!

Seconded. It is good to see someone come along with an idea and persevere with it into a very, very useful add-in.
  • snowdins likes this

snowdins

snowdins

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Damn you guys are too kind :D .

I wouldn't feel to bad about it fasthair, you gave me a ton to fix to get this out haha. Who knew users would be going into IIS and making their WHS's more secure =).

Ill show you how to dig into IIS later if you want, but hell put this on the checklist for things to check for in the next releases!
  • fasthair likes this

RebelGTP

RebelGTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Thanks for the quick, concise, and useful support! Rep added for snowdins's posts on this subject.

I said it before and I will say it again... This is the best non-app add-in to come down the pike in a long time!

And it got even better when Nick at Asoft and Snowdins got together to add the remote shutdown/suspend/hibernate/WOL functionality!
  • snowdins likes this

Ryan Murphy

Ryan Murphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Love this addin... I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to new releases. Thanks again!
  • snowdins likes this

Etoa

Etoa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Thanks to whoemever wrote the My linkhttp://wiki.wegotserved.com/index.php?title=Protect_your_WHS_Web_Site_from_ IP_Scanners .. you just ruined my night.....

That would be me. I make no apology nor do I intend any criticism. But I would think that if P80 is going to be useful to a broad range of WHS users then it is going to have to be able to play nice with other websites on the machine besides the default. If you want to do some testing in that regard I will be happy to help.

snowdins

snowdins

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

That would be me. I make no apology nor do I intend any criticism. But I would think that if P80 is going to be useful to a broad range of WHS users then it is going to have to be able to play nice with other websites on the machine besides the default. If you want to do some testing in that regard I will be happy to help.

I was more ticked off at the world at that point as it seemed I would never get an installer to work 100% =) I do agree that P80 needs to play nice with everything which it does. Its just my damn installer that barfs.

Once the settings are put to defaults the installer works fine, the user can then change the settings back to whatever they were and P80 will still work great. I hope people understand its just the installer and not P80 itself that has problems with this.

I see the stuff I need to do with my code, but it will take a bit for me to get into it. I am now working on localization, so once that's finished I will find yah to do some testing on my installer =).

Etoa

Etoa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

I was more ticked off at the world at that point as it seemed I would never get an installer to work 100% =) I do agree that P80 needs to play nice with everything which it does. Its just my damn installer that barfs.

Once the settings are put to defaults the installer works fine, the user can then change the settings back to whatever they were and P80 will still work great. I hope people understand its just the installer and not P80 itself that has problems with this.

I see the stuff I need to do with my code, but it will take a bit for me to get into it. I am now working on localization, so once that's finished I will find yah to do some testing on my installer =).

Sorry for the misinterpretation and my confusion between P80 and it's installer.

radcliffe.michael

radcliffe.michael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok FYI I changed my port back to 80 to do the install then changed it back over to 8008 (my ISP blocks 80) and it is working fine for me.

I will not be releasing a fix this weekend.

Basically if you have the know how to change IIS settings then you can fix the problem:

2. Set the header for that to nothing
3. The port must be 80
4. Install P80

If you didn't change the settings yourself, then I am sorry but there is no easy fix for this and Im not sure how to make it work with customer headers and/or custom ports.

I imagine this affects very little people.

snowdins

snowdins

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
The next release will fix all of these issues. I have finally got some code together to allow for any IP Address/ Host Header and/or Port for the default website in any combination/order/etc.

AMOCAT

AMOCAT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

<br />The next release will fix all of these issues. I have finally got some code together to allow for any IP Address/ Host Header and/or Port for the default website in any combination/order/etc.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I was using the IPScanner tip from this website and I assume that's why I couldn't get your add-in to work. After following your suggestion in this thread I got it to work. Thanks for a great add-in and your work. Any idea when the release will come?

Thanks again!

snowdins

snowdins

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
A couple more weeks. I am waiting for Cloudberry to get a new update released. Once that is released and working I should have a final build for testers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.