Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Xbmc Networking Issue

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TODDWGS

TODDWGS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
XBMC question for anyone that can help with a network issue:

I just started trying to use XBMC for the first time. I am using the Live version isntalled on a thumb drive. It loads fine with no errors.

I am trying to add a media source (shared folder on another computer) and I keep getting a nework error. When I try to add a specific source it immediately comes back and tells me it can't find it, so fast its as if it couldnt even connect to the network. When I try to browse for the source it hesitates for about 30 secs and then tells me the network connection timed out. When I go look at my router, it has handed out an IP address to the XBMC system.

When I boot Win XP on this computer, it runs on the network fine (IE Internet works etc).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

jhedden

jhedden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

XBMC question for anyone that can help with a network issue:

I just started trying to use XBMC for the first time. I am using the Live version isntalled on a thumb drive. It loads fine with no errors.

I am trying to add a media source (shared folder on another computer) and I keep getting a nework error. When I try to add a specific source it immediately comes back and tells me it can't find it, so fast its as if it couldnt even connect to the network. When I try to browse for the source it hesitates for about 30 secs and then tells me the network connection timed out. When I go look at my router, it has handed out an IP address to the XBMC system.

When I boot Win XP on this computer, it runs on the network fine (IE Internet works etc).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

First check that all of your computers are in the same windows work group, also you need to build a username and login to your server for the xbmc unit as well.

TODDWGS

TODDWGS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

First check that all of your computers are in the same windows work group, also you need to build a username and login to your server for the xbmc unit as well.

Where do you get or input the userID / PW XBMC? I found where to enter the workgroup but not user id.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.