Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

After Update It Stopped Working

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

rudolfo2

rudolfo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Before yesterday I've upgraded to latest version,the settings were taken from old install but nothing happened.When it's time to suspend just stays on.Today I've manually suspend the server, I hope it will wake up at programmed time,if not I'll be back.Otherwise it's a great piece of software.Regards to all.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

rudolfo2

rudolfo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Before yesterday I've upgraded to latest version,the settings were taken from old install but nothing happened.When it's time to suspend just stays on.Today I've manually suspend the server, I hope it will wake up at programmed time,if not I'll be back.Otherwise it's a great piece of software.Regards to all.

everything work's OK now.

Tinus

Tinus

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
And what have you done to resolve it?

rudolfo2

rudolfo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

And what have you done to resolve it?

I was happy to soon;after manually put to sleep the server did woke up at programmed time but it's not gone to suspend as it should.Now it's running, but it shouldn't.

Tinus

Tinus

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
From what version have you upgraded? What settings are you using?

Please use Remote Desktop to connect to your server and zip all file found in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LightsOut.
Send the archive by PM.

rudolfo2

rudolfo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

From what version have you upgraded? What settings are you using?

Please use Remote Desktop to connect to your server and zip all file found in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LightsOut.
Send the archive by PM.

You're asking too much from me, I have created zip but have no idea how to get it from server to my PC.

Tinus

Tinus

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
You can copy the zip file into a share like \\Server\Software on the server.
Then open the same share on your PC and attach the zip file to a private message (PM).

rudolfo2

rudolfo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

You can copy the zip file into a share like \\Server\Software on the server.
Then open the same share on your PC and attach the zip file to a private message (PM).

OK.Here it is ( I hope ).

Attached Files

Tinus

Tinus

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
Thanks for the logs. Can you please tell me what's your problem?

From the logs I can see that you have enabled WHS client monitoring. The client RUDI-PC was always active the last days. You set up a forced calendar action which suspends the server. That's all working.

rudolfo2

rudolfo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Thanks for the logs. Can you please tell me what's your problem?

From the logs I can see that you have enabled WHS client monitoring. The client RUDI-PC was always active the last days. You set up a forced calendar action which suspends the server. That's all working.

The problem I have is that only resume is working but not suspend.Tonight I've deleted calendar and set up new one and I'll see if it works today.

Tinus

Tinus

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

The problem I have is that only resume is working but not suspend.

Are you sure? The log file says:

2010-02-07 00:00:02:015 [ 23] DEBUG Is suspend supported : True
2010-02-07 00:00:02:015 [ 23] DEBUG Is hibernation supported : False

Suspend is working. Have you enabled hibernation under power options?

Please see here for for more information: http://www.axonet.de...lp/en/00034.htm

rudolfo2

rudolfo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Are you sure? The log file says:

2010-02-07 00:00:02:015 [ 23] DEBUG Is suspend supported : True
2010-02-07 00:00:02:015 [ 23] DEBUG Is hibernation supported : False

Suspend is working. Have you enabled hibernation under power options?

Please see here for for more information: http://www.axonet.de...lp/en/00034.htm

It will not suspend anymore.The settings are the same as in previous version,it make no sense.Will try hibernation today.

Tinus

Tinus

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

It will not suspend anymore.

I don't understand that sentence. From the log file I can see clearly that suspend is supported and working.

Version 1.0 includes a check for supported operations and notifies the users when standby or hibernation are not supported.
In version 0.8.x you've been able to select suspend although it was not internally working.

Please see here for troubleshooting suspend/hibernation: http://www.axonet.de...lp/en/00034.htm

The second difference between 0.8 and 1.0 is handling of calendar actions: http://www.axonet.de...lp/en/00021.htm

rudolfo2

rudolfo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

I don't understand that sentence. From the log file I can see clearly that suspend is supported and working.

Version 1.0 includes a check for supported operations and notifies the users when standby or hibernation are not supported.
In version 0.8.x you've been able to select suspend although it was not internally working.

Please see here for troubleshooting suspend/hibernation: http://www.axonet.de...lp/en/00034.htm

The second difference between 0.8 and 1.0 is handling of calendar actions: http://www.axonet.de...lp/en/00021.htm

My first install was one version before 1.01.1038 and was working fine with the same settings which I'm using now.Is it possible that uninstall isn't 100 %;because install of the latest version picked up settings from old install. Maybe the registry should be cleaned after uninstall or something else is screwing
the proper running.Regards.

I have disabled PC monitoring and it's working now.Regards.

Tinus

Tinus

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Is it possible that uninstall isn't 100 %;because install of the latest version picked up settings from old install

That's by design. You should not loose your settings when you update to a newer version.

savo

savo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
here is the log of my server mine not shutting down. I'm sure this will look odd, because I was playing with it trying to get it to work all morning. I kept trying to schedule a Forced Hibernate.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.