Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cannot Access Shared Folders Or Whs Through Console

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

discombooberate

discombooberate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
A friend of mine was helping set up my Mac so I could use remote desktop to access my whs. Remote desktop works fine now, however my other Windows 7 machines cannot see the server in Windows Explorer. I think he monkeyed with the wrong setting. Here's a list of what is/isn't working:

Works
- Remote Desktop Connection
- Windows Home Server Network status is green
- All backups for both Windows 7 machines are working
- I can access all files through Windows Media Connect on the Xbox and PS3
- Can access the server drives in the Finder window on Mac OS X

Not Working
- Cannot access the server through the Windows Home Server Console on the Windows 7 machines. Error "This computer cannot connect to your home server. Check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on. If your home server has recently restarted, try again in a few minutes."
- Server does not appear under "Computers" in the Windows Explorer Network tab on Win7 machines. It does appear under "Media Devices" and "Other Devices" but I cannot connect to it through either one.
- Mapped server drives on Win7 machines are broken.

I've spent a few days on the forum trying different things but I haven't had any luck. I have tried the registry fix here . I have static IP's set for all the machines in my house. I think my 'friend' (who is not allowed in my house until this is fixed) was playing with settings in "Administrative Tools", broke something, and then left me holding the bag.

ANY help would be much appreciated!! All of my iTunes music is stored on the server and it is currently inaccessible!

Thanks!

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,668 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Home Server (obviously), math, science, good books, friends
Contributor
I've found that the best bet is to run the connector troubleshooter, as it has a lot of network related tests that should "root out the problem".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.