Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flashing Blue Health Indicator Led Problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Loki008

Loki008

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am having an issue with my EX470 home server. The system will power on and then after a few moments the server will stop responding on the network and the harddrive lights will be off and health light will be blinking blue (no red) i cant find reference to this status anywhere. I am curious as to what may be causing it? If it is a hardware issue i would like to attempt to identify what the culprit is before i go off trying to order replacement parts as i am out of warenty on this unit.
Thank you

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

mburelle

mburelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am having an issue with my EX470 home server. The system will power on and then after a few moments the server will stop responding on the network and the harddrive lights will be off and health light will be blinking blue (no red) i cant find reference to this status anywhere. I am curious as to what may be causing it? If it is a hardware issue i would like to attempt to identify what the culprit is before i go off trying to order replacement parts as i am out of warenty on this unit.
Thank you

I do have similar problem.,,,

silvabokis

silvabokis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I do have similar problem.,,,

Me too.

Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I had a similar problem recently on my HP EX490. The hard drive LEDS were out but the system was responsive and seemed to be working. Even the Easter egg wouldn't make any of the LEDs turn on. A server reboot took care of the problem alhtough I still don't know exactly what happened.

wilfred noorman

wilfred noorman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have similar problems ? Did you already find a solution ?

Nightowl33

Nightowl33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
A couple days ago I realized my WHS (HP MediaSmart) wasn't accessible on the network, and when I went to take a look, I had a flashing blue status light. Powering off and on produced the same result.

Based on other posts here, I thought it might be the system drive, so I popped it out and attached it to my main Windows 7 machine. I opened a command window as Administrator and ran chkdsk /r on it. It ran (took a couple hours) but found no errors. I popped it back in and rebooted the server. Still no go.

My next thought was that it was a network thing, so I ejected the system disk and booted up. I eventually got the purple solid status light. I wasn't sure that was the right result, so I went to my router and looked for the MININT entry in the DHCP list (to indicate that the recovery process was potentially working and thus that the network adapter and such were working). The MININT entry wasn't there, however my normal server's name was. I wasn't sure if that was a win or a problem, or what. So I went back to the server and powered it down. Grasping at straws, I re-attached the system disk and ejected the OTHER two disks, and powered up.

This WORKED. After the server came all the way up and I was able to console in, I reattached the other two drives, which the server acknowledged. Then I shut down properly and brought the server back up.

For now, all seems to be well. Time will tell.

I still suspect a drive problem. I installed the SMART add in and looked, and the system drive reports a slightly degraded reading for the system drives' "spin retry count". So MAYBE that drive wasn't always spinning up ok. Or, it's something else. I'll watch it carefully and replace it if/as needed.

Not sure that's helpful, but it is my experience with the same issue...

-Scott

myangeldust

myangeldust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

...and ejected the OTHER two disks, and powered up.

-Scott

Doesn't this erase the data on the drives or prevent the system from reading the data on those drives?

myangeldust

myangeldust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am having this problem as well. I've restarted twice but get same results. It's weird that HP doesn't have any information on this problem. Some say to remove data drives but I think I read somewhere that removing hard drives will make the data unreadable to the system once reconnected. I need to get this server restarted so I can start copying my data archives from the machine.

Kinda sucks 'cause I considered doing it earlier this week. Something about the server (HP EX470) was triggering my spidey senses. Argh!

myangeldust

myangeldust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I left the server off for a day. When I turned it on no more blinking blue, just red and blue. The HDD lights were also lit. The Server Recovery program ran. But now the installation disc is saying it can't install the console on Windows 7. I'll go look for the new version, it's in here somewhere.

What's a good replacement WHS machine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.