Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Format Drive Z And 81%

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

vexal

vexal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a win7 64 bit cient with a C: drive and external USB Drive - both have been backing up flawlessly for a year- today I needed to restore a file from the external drive and I got a message at 81% saying that the drive Z needed formating and the drive could not be mounted.

This is the same on three other machines - I also tried restoring a file from drive C and I get the same error... Help!!
Thanks!!

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

ttoomm

ttoomm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I have a win7 64 bit cient with a C: drive and external USB Drive - both have been backing up flawlessly for a year- today I needed to restore a file from the external drive and I got a message at 81% saying that the drive Z needed formating and the drive could not be mounted.

This is the same on three other machines - I also tried restoring a file from drive C and I get the same error... Help!!
Thanks!!

There are basically four suggested solutions:

unmesh

unmesh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

There are basically four suggested solutions:

Hopefully, one of these will work for the OP.

In my case, it turned out that the backup itself had been silently corrupted Posted Image

If the OP has another client on the network, he could try viewing the misbehaving backup from there to eliminate this possibility quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.