Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Drive Balancer Error V1.06

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mike751

mike751

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I am getting the drive balancer error shown in the attachment. My WHS is up to date with all patches/service packs. I used to be able to run drive balancer with no issues (v1.05 and v1.06). Now it's a problem. If I run drive balancer without including "D" , it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• disks.JPG
  • error.JPG

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Hi,
I am getting the drive balancer error shown in the attachment. My WHS is up to date with all patches/service packs. I used to be able to run drive balancer with no issues (v1.05 and v1.06). Now it's a problem. If I run drive balancer without including "D" , it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long delay...

Here's what is going on. You want to include the D drive in your balancing effort and it is only the borderline of having enough free space to do so. I've put in extra safe guards in 1.05 and 1.06 so people won't "hurt" their system disks. I never suggest using the system disk as part of the balancing effort unless it's a large disk (greater than 160GB). My suggestion is to actually try and clear off the D drive first, and then don't ever include it in the balancing effort moving forward.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but the solution is what you are already doing, but at least you now know why. :)

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.