Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Data Vault X510 Slow

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Thetoolman

Thetoolman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
A few days ago I got my Data Vault X510 and it is running now :rolleyes: .
But even when I'm not doing anything on the box, the hard drive activity is very heavy. I've swapped the normal disk with a WD black 1Tb drive.
Also the network was slow, I've changed the auto negotiation to Gb/Full Duplex and set Jumbo frames on. Then I've got about 60Mb/s. But after putting some files (mp3 and jpg) on the server the networkspeed drops to about 10Mb/s and as I said the hard disk activity was increasing.
I know that the search indexer is running but for how long?

Does anyone got this same problem? Could it be that the WD Black is the bottleneck?

Best Regards,

Sander

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Freddan101

Freddan101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hello,
A few days ago I got my Data Vault X510 and it is running now :rolleyes: .
But even when I'm not doing anything on the box, the hard drive activity is very heavy. I've swapped the normal disk with a WD black 1Tb drive.
Also the network was slow, I've changed the auto negotiation to Gb/Full Duplex and set Jumbo frames on. Then I've got about 60Mb/s. But after putting some files (mp3 and jpg) on the server the networkspeed drops to about 10Mb/s and as I said the hard disk activity was increasing.
I know that the search indexer is running but for how long?

Does anyone got this same problem? Could it be that the WD Black is the bottleneck?

Best Regards,

Sander

I kind of have the same problem with me newly bought X311 with two 1 TB disks. I noticed when I transferred a large amount of files that the access to the NAS was very slow. Even opening a small jpg took forever. CPU and memory looked fine though.

Did you ever get your problem solved?

RDunlop

RDunlop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I kind of have the same problem with me newly bought X311 with two 1 TB disks. I noticed when I transferred a large amount of files that the access to the NAS was very slow. Even opening a small jpg took forever. CPU and memory looked fine though.

I just bought an X510 and after transferring my data from the backup drive into the shared folders, I've notice a huge increase in hard drive activity. It never stops crunching!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.