Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Restore A Windows 7 Workstation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Joe Dawson

Joe Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have a PC (Windows 7) that died. I had nightly backups of it with home server. I am going to have to replace the hard drive in the PC.

Do one of the CDs that come with the home server allow me to boot up and conduct a restore? Or do I have to install windows 7 first and then make the home server connection and then do a restore?

And will this really work? Or will I have to re-install applications again?

Joe

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Dave Marchant (WGS)

Dave Marchant (WGS)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,719 posts
Just boot the Restore CD. It helps a bit if you go through the documentation (not sure quite what you have but you should find some useful stuff in the Wiki FAQ's under WHS Documentation - http://wiki.wegotser...S_Documentation

If your Windows 7 has two partitions (i.e. you have a 100MB boot partition), you need to restore both but you need to set the partitions first on the disk. There is a write up here - http://support.micro...=rss&spid=12624

Joe Dawson

Joe Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
The restore worked flawless ... I have had the home server for a few years and this is the first time I have ever had to do this.

I LOVE IT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.