Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Windows 7 Disks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

PositiveCynic

PositiveCynic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I hate how HP and other companies do not include windows os disks with their computers and system drives are so expensive if you go through the company that made the computer. Windows Vista was great in that all someone needed to reinstall their OS was a new hard drive and the OS disks. You would just type in the code on the sticker on the computer. Nothing really illegal because you bought a legal copy of the OS with your computer and your still just using that one copy just on a different hard drive because the first system hard drive went bad. Vista was even great in that Ultimate, Home Premium, Home Basic, and Home Starter were all on the same disks meaning the OS disk would install the appropriate OS based on the code from the sticker. Now that I explained things in overly simplistic terms I come to my Windows 7 question:

Can I use Window 7 ulitmate disks to install windows 7 home premium using the code from the sticker on a new system hard drive in an HP computer that originally had windows 7 home premium?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Ryan D

Ryan D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I did some websurfing for this and found this link.

http://www.mydigital...c-media-or-iso/

looks like it is doable and has pretty clear instructions.

Good luck!

Ryan

PositiveCynic

PositiveCynic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
thanks it looks rather simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.