Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Remote Access To Home Premium Hack

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

mncasper78

mncasper78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I thought I was upto the challenge of configuring things so I can remote access my Win7 Home Premium from WHS. Yes I know that Home does not have RDP, but that is easily resolved with this http://thegreenbutto...ms/t/79427.aspx. I am able to remote into my PC without issue from Win7 and XP PC's once I ran that. So that is working.

Next step is to trick WHS (SP2) to thinking that the PC is capable of RDP. Through some troubleshooting I was able to figure out that if I change the registry entry below WHS thinks it is capable. Granted this gets refreshed often a simple scheduled batch file will keep that setting.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\Transport\Clients\the client entry----->from there I edit the TerminalServicesSupport key to "DS" versus "OS"

So now WHS shows that my PC is capable, but is states "Connection disabled"

One thing that I researched was if my RDP was configured correctly in the Home Premium PC. With this article, http://www.technize....-and-windows-7/ I confirmed my settings are correct. Additionally considering I am remote into it from both XP and Win7 this should be set correctly.

So this is where I am stuck and since I have commited myself to this hack I have to finish it. By all mean the time I have invested will far outway the $100 upgrade to Pro, but that is not why we do stuff like this.

Any suggestions?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.