Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Computer Monitoring Error

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mastiha

Mastiha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I've been running WHS 2011 for a few days now but I keep on getting a "Computer Monitoring Error" and the associated help information is not that helpful. The exact error is:

Computer Monitoring Error
WHS 13/04/2011 6:21 AM
Can only partially assess the health of this computer
1. An error was encountered with the last health assessment.

2. Health assessment will be reattempted at the next scheduled time.

3. For more information, click the Learn more about this alert link.

Everything seems ok but I don't know why I'm getting this error.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

richc78370

richc78370

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've been running WHS 2011 for a few days now but I keep on getting a "Computer Monitoring Error" and the associated help information is not that helpful. The exact error is:

Everything seems ok but I don't know why I'm getting this error.

You are not alone. I too am getting this error and I am using the released version of WHS 2011. I don't remember getting this using the RC version but may have. Hopefully someone out there knows the answer because the help file isn't!

djplong

djplong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I got it a LOT with the Release Candidate - not so much now that I'm running the OEM version but I *do* get it.

I'm running a home-built i5-based tower.

sboydman

sboydman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I get it too, and it is attached to my WHS 2011 home server. I was also getting errors regarding the Windows Defender service and Windows Update service not running, which were also incorrect, since the services were running. I would like to get these notifications sorted out, they really are quite a distraction to monitoring, since they seem to be invalid, and they detract from what should be a useful feature.

RedCat

RedCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am using the released version of WHS 2011. My Dashboard was extremely slow opening today, when it finally opened I found the "Computer Monitoring Error" with the server name in the alerts. I tried to "Refresh" the alerts which also was very slow. The alert was still there after refresh. Finally rebooted the server the alert was gone and the speed was restored.

Soundtweaker

Soundtweaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm getting this error too. Even after I reboot WHS2011 it still persists.

bshaf

bshaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I'm getting this error too. Even after I reboot WHS2011 it still persists.

I'm also getting the same thing. I just connected a monitor to try and troubleshoot, but It's taking like 10mins just to sign in.
This is probably a dumb question, but do servers ever go into any kind of 'sleep' mode? The reason i ask is it seems the error occurs (for me) during down time (ie 3am 4am).

Update: Ok i think mine is different... i just went into the error logs and noticed I got a dashboard.exe error and a .net error. WTF

rturner

rturner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just started getting this error after 3 months. Couldn't find any solution anywhere on the web. So I went into the server and ran the health assessment. The errors were both "non-errors"; I had onboard video disabled because I'm running with a video card, and "no AV installed". Can't do anything about disabled onboard video unless I want to uninstall it (not really), so I stuck Clamav in there because I know it won't hurt the server and rebooted. The error is now gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.