Thank for your support.Updated 2011-09-27
VERSION 1.0.6 RELEASED
- Please uninstall any previous version before installation.
- You also need to install the Intel RST driver that replaces the standard SATA driver. Check the readme.txt for more information. If you do not install the Intel RST driver the disk lights will not work.
- Read the readme.txt file to understand the light states and how to modify them.
- Support for Acer H341 and H342. Please do some tests and report any issues.
- Disk light status can be changed in the configuration file. This is particularly useful for users of DrivePool, DriveBender, RAID arrays and drives without shares when the user does not want a blinking aqua LED.
- Removed some uncessary DLL's from the setup.
HP: EX48x, EX49x, X510, X310, X311, X312
Acer: H340, H341, H342
HP: EX47x (AMD based hardware)
Known limitations and FAQ
Blinking disk LED
This is normal under the following circumstances:
- the disk does not have any shares on it (WHS shares created in the Dashboard)
- the disk is not assigned as a backup disk
- the disk is mirrored
- the disk is assigned to Stablebit DrivePool, DriveBender or a RAID array
Windows OS compatibility
Only Windows Home Server 2011 has been tested. Should also be compatible with Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials.
GPT partitioned disks not propely detected
There is an issue in the WMI Win32_DiskDrive class, GPT disks do not have a signature and this is the only way I can match a disk status change with a physical disk. A solution should be found for the next version.
The next version will be based on the Microsoft Virtual Disk Service (VDS) which recognizes RAID arrays and GPT partitions. The other advantage is that it would also be compatible with vanilla Windows Server 2008 R1/R2 and probably the future Windows 8 Server.
The next version should also be hardware agnostic by renaming the service and DLLs since Acer and Lenovo hardware are supported.
Health support should also come later. WHS health notifications will be supported and I also plan on monitoring fan, temperatures and voltages.
Make it a "real" add-in.