Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adding A Windows 7 64 Bit Client

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

RJ3301

RJ3301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello All,

I am attempting to add a W7 64 bit client to my WHS network. I am using 32 bit v1 Power Pack 3 on my server and was able to access it from the new client using the server:55000. It uses the Connector software and downloads the console software and when it tries to install gives me this error:

Unsupported 16-bit application
The program or feature "\??\C:\Users\Rob/Appdata\Local\Temp\WindowsHomeServerConnector\SetUp.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit compatible version is available.

I have tried to find a solution for this all night. From everything I've read I thought if PP3 was installed that would take care of any 32 bit 64 bit issues.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Rychek

Rychek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Location:"Where folks know what picante sauce should taste like."
  • Interests:Computers, Home Servers, Warhammer FB, Reading.
Have you tried accessing the software directly via the network instead of via a web browser? Navigate to \\servername\software, find the folder for the connector (can't remember the name right off) and run setup.exe. You may be tempted to run the executable with "64" in the name, but don't as it won't work. Just run setup.exe and it should autodetect the correct version. This is how I've always connected my Win 7 64bit systems.

Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
I run 64 bit with no problem

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,115 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Home Server (obviously), math, science, good books, friends
Contributor
Run the WHS Connector Troubleshooter (part of the WHS toolkit), and that should identify exactly what the issue is (if a bit technical).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.