Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How To Set Up Raid 1 On Whs 2011 Build

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jclaxton

jclaxton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am unfamilliar with setting up RAID. I am building a WHS 2011 Box, i want to have 2 x 2TB drives in RAID 1 (mirrors). How can i implement this without a hardware RAID card? Do i install the OS after setting up the RAID in the BIOS?

PS will RAID 1 (non hardware) visibly hurt performance for file storage, etc...?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

pollux

pollux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I am unfamilliar with setting up RAID. I am building a WHS 2011 Box, i want to have 2 x 2TB drives in RAID 1 (mirrors). How can i implement this without a hardware RAID card? Do i install the OS after setting up the RAID in the BIOS?

If you do not have hardware RAID (includung MB solutions) there is not much to set in the bios.

PS will RAID 1 (non hardware) visibly hurt performance for file storage, etc...?

WHS 2011 has it's own software implamentation for RAID.

A harware RAID controler will allways out preform MB or software RAID. IF you have only 2 disks such a controler can be had for less then 100 Euro.
Hardware RAID allso is less affected by things like powerloss etc,. Imo it's the way to go

Any help is greatly appreciated.

this video might allso help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.