Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Backup Fails With Error Code "2155348010"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Helge_S_A

Helge_S_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
First posting ever to a technical forum, so please treat it kindly..

I have just upgraded from WHS v1 to WHS 2011. The only missing part is to get the backup to external HDDs up and running.

My first aproach was to fire up my trusted WD 2T studio edition II and connect it with ESATA. The disk will not show up in the backup Wizard. but by using Windows Server Backup service under Server Manager i can manage to do a one time backup. When trying to schedule the backups, it fails. I have connected the drives with Esata, USB 2.0 and Firewire, same results. I have also checked the disk with different checking software, the disk is OK.

Edit: i later assigned a Letter to the disk and reformatted it using 512K sectors even that is not the same as byte sectors as described in the thread. Still wont show up in the wizard, but i could selected as a destination using volumes under backup service in Service Manager. At least this disk finally works!

Then i bought a Seagate Goflex 3TB Disk. It shows up in the wizard, but the all the backup fails with the same error code "2155348010"

A very good thread possible explaining the error can be found here: [url="http://social.techne...c9c4068ee4e2/"]

From the thread "The windows backup software was designed to work with disks that have 512 bytes per physical sector."

Most high capacity disks today operate with a higher physical bytes per sector number. And its impossible to find that information on the outside of the package when trying to buy a new disk.

Its a list of tested external disks to be found here: http://social.techne...icles/1780.aspx

I have tried to visit a couple of shops to buy one of the recomended disks, but have not found any of them. Could the forum members recomend any external 2T+ disks that works and tell me the preferred way to connect it?

Edited by Helge_S_A, 29 July 2011 - 03:11 PM.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.