Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"the Identity Of The Remote Computer Cannot Be .." When Rdc To My Whs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Malcolm Hegarty

Malcolm Hegarty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I'm not sure if I should have posted this in the Remote Access forum or not but I've suddenly started getting this message when I use RDC to access my WHS from my home network:

"The identity of the remote computer cannot be verified.Do you want to connect anyway?"

Is there any way I can stop this message appearing?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,109 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Home Server (obviously), math, science, good books, friends
Contributor
Yeah, that's fine. Well, you really "shouldn't" be using Remote Desktop to access the server, as the console should work just fine.

But as for the reason why, is once you set up the RA Domain for it, it changes the certificate for the computer and displays that error. Nothing wrong with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.