Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Server Build

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

crazy8

crazy8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
13 more days until I find out if Santa is real and if hes going to bring me what I think he might bring me. Hope you all have a great and merry Christmas. :) If Santa does bring me a new computer I will be sure to post some pics for you all. Especially after I have turned it into a media server.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

GaPony

GaPony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but if you're waiting for Santa,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh what the heck! Go ahead and keep believing. :D

crazy8

crazy8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
LOL...But my dad is Santa, I just know it. Sure he may not look like him at all, I mean if anything he looks like a little action figure, I actually do tell him that. But I get gifts that say "From Santa" and it in his handwriting, so wouldn't that make him Santa? Im 32 years old an I know my parents wouldn't lie to me...I wonder how long I could keep this up before I start laughing hysterically? lol

GaPony

GaPony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
Now I know how you got the name... :D

crazy8

crazy8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Santa did not deliver this year. :( Of course he is now wishing that he did since my 10+ year old P4 HT based system is starting to get REAL slow and the video card just went. I got a video card from one of the guys at church and its working great. Still need a new box though. Im think of talking to my dad and seeing if he will buy parts if I can do it all for the same price he bought those HPs for. I think that was $500 or $600 so its going to be tight.

GaPony

GaPony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
Santa doesn't feel bad. He doesn't need your server, he's got the E.L.F. 2000 mainframe.... to let him know who's been naughty and nice. We all know where you fell into that list. :D

Good luck with the " Dad back-up plan".

crazy8

crazy8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Well it looks like Santa had some sort of glich in his mainframe or maybe felt bad or something. I am going to OfficeMax today after work to pick up an HP H8-1110. :) The specs are as fallows
2nd Gen. i5
8GB RAM
1TB HD
Nvidea GT520 (supports up to 3 monitors) Im going to hoom it up to my 47" LG HD TV and do a wireless VGA to my actual monitor on my desk
Windows 7

This looks like a pretty sweet, decent OEM system that for now should be something to start with. The only thing I will add is a Bluray burner, then I will have something perfect for now. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.