Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Access To Whs Files Remotely Using Android

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

spile

spile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
When I try to access my WHS v1 using my HTC Desire running 2.2 Android I can log in to the remote server and I can see the files on my share, however when I select any of them (mainly Word files), I get a download unsuccessful message from the phone.
Any ideas?
Same issue here:
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=851119
Note I do not wish to control or remotely manage my server, just access the files on it.

cheers

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

hohum

hohum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have the same issue, but with all files, not just Word documents. I've tried from my DROID X and Bionic. Every time I try to download any file from the WHS shares with Android, it seems to only download the symbolic link instead of the actual file.

I've tried multiple browsers and even forcing browser to use "desktop" mode to no avail.

But tether my android to a pc? I have no problems. The only thing is that I don't always have a pc with me...

The other issue I have is, are we the only ones with this problem? Maybe I'm using bad search terms?

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,115 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Home Server (obviously), math, science, good books, friends
Contributor
I get .bin files that download.... :( Have you considered trying to install the WebFolders4WHS to browse it manually?

spile

spile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
Yes WebFolders4WHS is how I access my files on the Android browser. The files download if I am connected at home via Wifi but not remotely even though I can see them. I am wondering if this a permissions issue and the Android browser has a problem with the log on box. Does anyone reliably share WHS files via the Androis OS?

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,115 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Home Server (obviously), math, science, good books, friends
Contributor
Odd, works fine for me. Using WebFolders, and it prompts me. Just make sure you have the right case for the username and password.

spile

spile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
I am still unable to download my WHS files remotely (ie not on the same LAN) using the Android browser.
I have tried a file manager (ES File Manager) but that doesn't appear to support https://ipadd/webfoldersshare/user
I have tried two free apps:
WebDAV file manager - this is supposed to support SSL but it doesn't allow me to connect
WebDAV Nav Lite - this connects to WHS and allows me access to files

Any suggestions welcome.

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,115 posts
Contributor
ES File Manager should be able to see your server locally if you enable the "LAN" view. Just scan for servers.

Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
ES File manager works from my Sony Tablet locally.
I've not tried accessing from outside my LAN yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.