Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Remote Desktop Gateway Server Temporarily Unavailable?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

miles267

miles267

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Remote access web site works fine as does RDP directly to any client behind my router. However, when I attempt to login to the WHS 2011 remote access web site and CONNECT to an available PC via the web UI, it returns the remote desktop gateway server temporarily available error message. I noticed that the Remote Desktop Gateway service didn't exist, so I added this role onto the machine. Though I continue to receive the following message and was hoping someone could guide me through resolving it.

Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable. Try reconnecting later or contact your network administrator for assistance.

Needless to say, I don't wish to do a complete reinstall of my WHS 2011 OS. Any guidance would be appreciated.

UPDATE: unfortunately it's not possible to resolve this error nor is it possible to identify the cause. the only resolution is to do a full re-install of WHS 2011 OS.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

f2000sa

f2000sa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Got this message when I RDP into a client and rebooted the WHS. WHS came up. RDP into the client again. Got the error.

A minute later, was able to get in.

Web_Rat

Web_Rat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just encountered the same error when I tried to access pc on local network via my WHS over the internet. It was fixable and did not require a reinstall. Turns out the issue was caused by trying to remote in via WinXP SP3. I resolved my issues by downloading and running these 2 patch/fixes:

Microsoftfixit50588.msi found here:

http://www.remoteacc...Size=font-small

and Windowsxp-kb969084-x86-enu.exe found here:

http://www.microsoft...ang=en&id=20609

After installing these patches, was able to remote access my whs 2011 server and then connect to my win7 pc on my home network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.