Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recovering Whs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

m185945

m185945

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The primary hard drive on my WHS v1.1 HP EX495 is dying. The server will boot up, but it shutsdown uncontrollably. I ran chkdsk and it found and corrected errors, but the shutdown problem persists so I’m ready to move on. I have several options and I’m looking for advice regarding the best option.
  • Slave the 1 GB primary drive to Win7 then take a Ghost image of the defective drive. Slave a new 1 GB drive to Win7 and restore the Ghost image. Put restored drive back into the EX495. (Any MS Product Activation issues?)
  • Replace the 1 GB primary drive with another then install WHS v1.1
  • Replace the 1 GB primary drive with another then install WHS 2011 and DriveBender v1.2.
  • Replace the 1 GB primary drive with a 750 GB drive that already has WHS v1.0 installed. This drive would come from an unopened HP EX485 so I don’t know if there would be any driver issues or MS Product Activation issues.
I am open to suggestions from the knowledgeable forum.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.