Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Teamviewer 7 Won't Connect

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Guido Beijderwellen

Guido Beijderwellen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I used to work with Teamviewer to connect to my home servers over the Internet. This worked flawlessly with previous versions of Teamviewer, but starting with version 7 I no longer can connect to WHS. All other systems (Windows 7, Windows 2003 STD etc) work, only WHS refuses.
A connection is made when connecting Teamviewer to the "partner" and the connection window minimizes, but the Teamviewer connection screen does not pop up.

The strange thing is that when I connect to WHS using a plain RDP session and then also start Teamviewer, it does work and the Teamviewer connect window does pop up.

Does anybody else uses Tramviewer 7 to connect to their WHS? And does it work?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

GaPony

GaPony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
I don't know if this helps, but I had to upgrade all my computers to version 7. Its not compatible with version 6 on either end. I don't use TeamViewer on my server, so this may not be useful. I like TeamViewer, i just never saw much use for it on the server, since I can access it within the WHS framework (RDP/Web)

BryantI

BryantI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi I use teamviewer 7 on my home server as i can never get the web site connection to work through the internet. I have just tested 7 out as I had updated it both ends the other week as I also use Teamviewer on my mums laptop as they live some 150 miles away so IT support comes this way for them.

pjwilson

pjwilson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Guido - Got the same problem... just installed TeamViewer 7 on my WHS v1 and when I connect from my laptop (running TeamViewer 7 too), it accepts the connection but no remote control window comes up. I suspect a firewall issue somewhere (WHS, Router)? Did you manage to solve yours? Any suggestions from others?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.