Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Corrupt Install After Installing Power Pack 3 And Updates

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

swt4ajp

swt4ajp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi all

first time poster so go gentle :P

i built my own custom whs v1 the other day and been trying to perfect it for the past few days.

all was working fine until i installed power pack 1, and then the live domain stopped working, and i tried to uninstall the domain name to the server and recreate a new one but threw up errors all the time. so i left it and went on.

after installing power pack 2 tried the domain again and still newt. and then power pack 3 and still nothing.

last night transfering nearly 1tb of .avi's on to a new drive that was recently formatted and configured for whs v1, so i thought do it over night wont be a problem. when i came down this morning to find out whs was off, went to power up and it threw error after error after error.

so i plugged in an old hard drive had win 7 ult on, and i did a bit of snooping, seems like the whole thing got corrupted.

%driveletter%:\system volume information\mount point manager remote database - is corrupt and unreadable

then another one i caught was "ehtray.exe" %driveletter%:\is corrupt and unreadable please reinstall whs

anyone else ever had this same problem?

as my current setup is win 7 ult media center enabled for xbox 360 with just over 1tb films on and also a win 2003 server with just over 1tb films on the exact same ones so i can share with family and friends.

wanted whs for the simplicity of it in one area and the web remote access part as well.

sorry for the long post

thanks
Steve

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Garry

Garry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Power disruptions can cause those types of problems.
Putting a UPS inline with your equipment will help protect
your investment.

Best to reformat the drive (not quick format).

swt4ajp

swt4ajp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi

thanks for the reply,

there was no power interuptions at all, otherwise my other 2 servers and the 7 router's serving as hubs would of also reported an outage of power but nothing

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.