Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Splashtop Remote Desktop

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

swearingencj

swearingencj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
This is a program that I have running on my Win7 desktop right now that allows me access from my ASUS transfromer tablet (Android 3.2). Wondering if anyone has tried this on a WHS2011 box as a remote head?

I am in the process of building my first WHS and am just thinking out loud.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Billy D

Billy D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
love this app. gottit on my htc sensation. works fine on my whs 2011 and two win 7 pc's
  • ryancmatchett likes this

swearingencj

swearingencj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

love this app. gottit on my htc sensation. works fine on my whs 2011 and two win 7 pc's

How did the install go? Are you using the HD version or the standard one? Was there any gymnastics involved to get it on the WHS box?

ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I also have this running on a Win7 Pro PC, as well as my WHS2011 PC. Access from my VZW Galaxy Nexus works great!! No issues with the install, or with any part of the program or OS.

swearingencj

swearingencj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I also have this running on a Win7 Pro PC, as well as my WHS2011 PC. Access from my VZW Galaxy Nexus works great!! No issues with the install, or with any part of the program or OS.

This is my first WHS install so I have no idea how to install this as an add in. Do I have to put a monitor on the whs box to install. I can 't seem to do it from the dashboard.

You have this running on the server itself right? I have it working on my Win7 PC fine but wanted to use this as a way of having a head on the server.

Can you give me some more detail on exactly how to get this on the addins panel? I have the .exe on the server in the documents folder right now.

swearingencj

swearingencj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Got it installed this weekend. Did end up needing a head on the WHS to do the install and then it runs like its on a PC. doesn't show up in the add ins window. Just runs and works!

wilsonsway

wilsonsway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Computers, GNU/Linux, Windows, software/hardware...tech stuff. Resident geek at work and at home.

Got it installed this weekend. Did end up needing a head on the WHS to do the install and then it runs like its on a PC. doesn't show up in the add ins window. Just runs and works!

Out of curiosity, could you have installed it via RDC? This is how I've been installing add-ins so far and it's worked just fine. I just connect to the server via the RDC client on my Win7 laptop and voila! instant desktop.

therealdippy

therealdippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I have been using my Transformer to remote into my WHS for a while. Seems to work fine although I do find the touch-screen interface a bit tricky when accessing certain thinks like lights-out settings. I just use it if I want to check something on the server from my living room so I don't need to go to my office. However if I want to do something serious I prefer to have keyboard and mouse access from a PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.