Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unable To Restore, Due To Missing Network Driver

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

klp

klp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi people,
I'm reluctant to start a new thread for almost the same issues as many others...

I had a virus attack a few weeks ago and reformatted my extra computer, a HP cd7800 with win XP.
I have tried to restre the same computer using the Restore CD and I cannot install the NIC driver to it.

There is no hw error, as I can install the original XP on it and then the HP NIC driver and see the server and the rest of the world...

No matter how I try to install the NIC driver during the restore phase, either via backed up drivers or the latest or even older HP drivers, it doesn't work.

Last resort seems to be the WHS X-files disc, but that is not avalable...
The link https://technocore.h...llation-v1-5-5/ doesn't work for me.

Hope that somone can shar a working method or working link?

// Patrik

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Garry

Garry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Hi people,
I'm reluctant to start a new thread for almost the same issues as many others...

I had a virus attack a few weeks ago and reformatted my extra computer, a HP cd7800 with win XP.
I have tried to restre the same computer using the Restore CD and I cannot install the NIC driver to it.

There is no hw error, as I can install the original XP on it and then the HP NIC driver and see the server and the rest of the world...

No matter how I try to install the NIC driver during the restore phase, either via backed up drivers or the latest or even older HP drivers, it doesn't work.

Last resort seems to be the WHS X-files disc, but that is not avalable...
The link https://technocore.h...llation-v1-5-5/ doesn't work for me.

Hope that somone can shar a working method or working link?

// Patrik

The restore requires a 32bit Vista driver for the NIC to be loaded durring
the load drivers phase of the restore.

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,115 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Home Server (obviously), math, science, good books, friends
Contributor
Sorry, that link should work now. I was(is) having server issues. Bad stick of RAM...

fusion-pc

fusion-pc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems restoring. Backup and restore is one of the main points of WHS, so it seems that it should "just work" but unfortunately it doesn't most of the time (I'm having my own issues with WHS as well)

Take a look at this HP Drivers Page for your computer model. I've pre-selected the Vista 32-bit drivers (like Garry mentioned).

I don't know if you have the Broadcom or Intel network card so you'll have to figure that out (usually by going into the Device Manager). When you figure that out, scroll down the Drivers page I've provided you with and download whichever Network driver applies to your hardware. You should be able to "unzip" or extract the file you downloaded. Do that, but don't actually install it on your computer. Locate where the drivers unzipped to (usually C:\SWSetup if I remember correctly) and copy the folder onto a flash drive.
Then, once you boot from the Restore CD, it should automatically find your correct drivers on the flash drive and let you proceed.

Let us know if you require additional assistance.

Good luck! :)

- Fusion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.