Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mirroring Error - All Disks Holding Extents Must Have The Same...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am trying to set up drive mirroring with whs 2011. I have 2 identical 2 TB green drives. Disk 0 as the system files and 1800 gigs left for my data. I want to mirror the data partition to the other 2 tb drive. I keep getting the following error "All disks holding extents for a given volume must have the same sector size and the sector size must be valid"

I have researched it and others have the same problem but no fix that I can find.

Does anyone have anything I can try?

Thanks

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I am trying to set up drive mirroring with whs 2011. I have 2 identical 2 TB green drives. Disk 0 as the system files and 1800 gigs left for my data. I want to mirror the data partition to the other 2 tb drive. I keep getting the following error "All disks holding extents for a given volume must have the same sector size and the sector size must be valid"

I have researched it and others have the same problem but no fix that I can find.

Does anyone have anything I can try?

Thanks

After some more research it seems that the problem I am having is a known issue and due to the cluster size used by the larger disks by default. MS does not support mirroring due to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.