Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Windows Server Essentials Or Windows 8

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

kcjack

kcjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I currenty run 2 WHS2011 in the house. 1 for backup of household pcs and media the other primarily a box for SageTV.

I now have 2 W8 PCs in the house with no backup solutions and 5 W7 PCs, 2 Kindles , Nexus 7 and so I am looking to take the server I have for PC backups and media and change to W8 or WSE. Any suggestions as to the way to go with these requirements.

I am an average home consumer and want to have an easy solution for my household. The server in question is home built from an i3 processor and normal pc motherboard.

Thanks for any suggestions

KCJACK

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

andrewNZ

andrewNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
If you add the uefi hotfix to WHS2011, will that not solve the backup problems with windows8!?!

Otherwise, if you want automatic backup, WSE is really your only option. However I believe there's a bit of learning because it runs a domain.

kcjack

kcjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have not looked at anything for a while as everything worked until my Daughter came in with a W8 laptop and son a W8 pc.

Thanks for the direction. Will go there download and look at how to make it work with whs 2011.

KCJACK

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,096 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Home Server (obviously), math, science, good books, friends
Contributor

http://support.micro....com/kb/2781272

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.