Welcome to We Got Served Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do not have appropriate permissions to access the item.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ClassicFinds

ClassicFinds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey all,
First post been reading here for awhile learning on my own to get my little ex470 running.

Everything has been fine the past month until the other day. I had installed uTorrent on my Admin account (I know big NO NO.) I then found the add-in for uTorrent and a guide to create a new Account to use and run programs from there so as not to use Admin.

I created a new account and logged in from Remote Access under my Vista 32-bit system. (All of this has been working fine.)

Now after bringing the rktools.exe and utorrent.exe to my desktop. It gives me: You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. I have check both this account and Administrator and they both say the same thing. I from what I can see have full account privileges on both. I made my account and added Administrator Privileges.

I've searched everywhere and still unable to find anything. Somebody's got to know something. Thanks again.

Ed

Attached Thumbnails

• install_issue.jpg

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Sam Wood

Sam Wood

Advanced Member

• Add-In Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
Check to see if Windows has blocked access to the file because it is "unsafe." Right-click the file, choose Properties, and then click the Unblock button.

ClassicFinds

ClassicFinds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Check to see if Windows has blocked access to the file because it is "unsafe." Right-click the file, choose Properties, and then click the Unblock button.

Awesome....Thanks so much

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Drashna Jaelre (WGS)

Tinkerer

• Lead Moderator
  • 14,509 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Home Server (obviously), math, science, good books, friends
Contributor
Not sure why you wanted to set up a seperate account... utorrent is just a client app and doesn't launch the files.

Personally, I find it is a lot of extra trouble with little to no gain setting up another account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.