1) Go to the home network tab.
2) Click edit firewall settings next to your servers name (or IP)
3) Click add new user defined application
4) Name it (WHS or something similar)
5) Enter the following TCP ports clicking add definition after each (also set the default TCP protocol timeout)
80 (for website)
443 (for HTTPS)
3389 (for console and RDP)
4125 (for remote access to files)
7) When you return to the home network page, it should say hosting - WHS (or whatever you named your application)
IMPORTANT! Do not panic! You can only access your http://***.homeserver.com from outside you home network. To access you website inside your home network, go to //SERVER (or similar). (I do not know why)
You server may give you a warning that say verifying port forwarding failed; you can ignore this as long as the remote access tab in settings says that your site is accessible from the internet. This was done in PP2
I do not know if Windows Live Custom domains will update automatically if your external IP address changed. Anybody know?
This should work even if you have the sever plugged directly into the gateway, or anyway the UG assigns the server its IP
Did anybody have success with router behind router (I have DIR-615). I tried plugging this WAN port on Dlink into computer port on UG and putting it in DMZ to no avail.
Hope this helps anyone having trouble.