Windows 7

Need help with Windows 7? Come and join in the discussions here.

145 topics in this forum

• 11 replies

1. Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 96 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 14 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• New Topics

• Unable to re-connect computers
      I did, both server and workstations are on DHCP with DNS being obtained automatically.
    • Resume from Standby W2012 R2 not working
      Ok so I let it run and again it didn't wake the server as scheduled at 09:15. So I woke the server with WOL which works all the time now and checked the task scheduler logs. The message is :-  Task Scheduler did not launch task "\LoS-9ac136bd-9994-416c-b043-5da723eb24d4" as it missed its schedule. Consider using the configuration option to start the task when available, if schedule is missed. So its correctly setting up the Task for my daily wakes but for some reason its not activating it. I know the server can be woken by magic packets as WOL works for both Shutdown and Wake-Up. I am thinking that there could be setting issue (but I have verified against my WHS2011 box) or a permissions issue on the W2012 R2 box. But again they all look like they should work fine. So I am still searching for a reason why it never actually activates. Cheers Rip.
    • WHS server restore problem (new drive letter assigned)
      I just got done restoring my server via the restore server cd and my Windows Home server console is not launching anymore.  After probing around I find that the problem is the way WHS split out the DATA volume.  Before the restore my disks were: disk0: c: sys D:data disk1: D:data After the restore its showing, disk0: c:sys, J:data disk1: K:server_backup Needless to say the Home server console is not launching, Windows Home server computer backup service cannot be started, but I am able to remote desktop in without a problem.  How do I fix the problem with the volumes?  
    • Anyone using Asus P6X58D-E mobo?
      Hi, I am running a Core 2 Quad on an Intel DQ45CB board with 6 HDDs and looking to upgrade (SSD for OS and 5 x 7200 RPM drives for storage). Mainly because I am facing an issue where my new 3TB drive intermittently disappears when resuming form hibernation, and I think its the HDD controller on the mobo (I have changed SATA cable, power cable, SATA port and even PSU). I have seen a second hand i7 930 on the above Asus board, and wondering what others are running. I have a modest budget, hence the second hand.    
    • Computer appearing twice on Home page
      Thanks for getting back to me. I have 6 devices (7 including the server). What is the Archived section? I don't think I've seen that before. I currently have my "living room" pc showing twice, "Study pc" showing twice and the server once on the front page of the website. If I go into the Devices page, they are only showing once.   It isn't the end of the world, I was just wondering why.   Thanks..