Windows 7

Need help with Windows 7? Come and join in the discussions here.

146 topics in this forum

• 11 replies

1. Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 96 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 14 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• New Topics

• Hi All, thank you for information. I found an alternative PSU: https://seasonic.com/product/ssp-300sug-active-pfc/ It has slightly smaller length of the wires, but it's enough for all connections (but without using original paths for wires). And it has only 3 HDD-connectors, so if you need 4, you can use a splitter. All another measurements are the same to original PSU.
    • The guide you have linked to seems to be for the original Windows Home Server (2003 based). For what you are trying to achieve, there isn't anything that I can recall as being native to Home Server 2011, but I have used Microsoft SyncToy successfully to copy data between drives and even between servers. There is plenty of documentation out there and it is still available as a free download from Microsoft (I and using it with Server 2012 R2 Essentials). It can be run on a schedule as well.  
    • I have Windows Home Server 2011.  I wish to connect and external USB Samsung T3 SSD to it and have the server backup just a single server folder to the external drive on a scheduled basis.  I have found some guides, but based on the description and images in the directions, it does not at all match the WHS  2011 interface.  WHS 2011 is green on my system and has been since installation.  What all the directions show is blue. The link below has instructions, but does not match my server dashboard as shown below. How To Geek guide to backing up folders to an external drive.  
    • Like many people, I started with Wndows Home Server, then gravitated to Server 2011, but of late have had littles niggles with connectivity between my various PCs. I have "bitten the bullet" and decided to build a Win 10 Server, almost wholly based on Terrys book, which I highly recommend. The question I have is, has anyone tried Light Outs on a Win 10 server, as I have used that on both servers in the past, and have found it to be an excellent aid to a home server. I cannot find any mention in the forums, would appreciate your thoughts.
    • Having an issue where the service- "Win Server Client Computer Backup Provider Service" will not start with error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.  Event log indicates that sharedserviceshost is the problem. From event viewer- Faulting application name: SharedServiceHost.exe, version: 6.1.1839.0, time stamp: 0x4d38a956 I believe that the latest Win10 features update caused this error because after it installed on 8/15 my client backups stopped. Anyone else seeing this issue with the feature update?