Installation

Having difficulties installing Windows Home Server? Ask the community for help here.

1215 topics in this forum

• 57 replies

1. Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• New Topics

• All Client Backups Missing/no Clients Will Backup - Can Seem To Do Them Manually
      I have a similar problem. Havent diagnosed the problem to the same extent. Its as if all my clients are gone (though sw is still installed on them), no sign of server backups in dashboard and all client backups are grouped under archived in the dashboard   I'll have a root around to see if I see similar errors   W.
    • Cannot restore with Z170 chipset
      I am trying to complete a full restore on a Asus Z170M-PLUS, i5-6600k and SanDisk SDSSDHI240G. I do a UEFI usb key boot with the system.  WHS 2011 restore program loads and runs. My lan drivers are already copied to the USB.  Everything is fine until.......I click the SCAN button to load the lan driver. The program immediately returns back with - No drivers found.   It appears that the program is NOT trying to read the USB, like it cannot find or see it anymore. I have tried this in both the USB3 ports and the USB2 ports on the system.  Same result.    I say that it appears not be trying to read the usb because I have used the same key to reload a Haswell system and it always takes 30 to 45 seconds for the program to find and load drivers, and the usb key is blinking.   None of this happens on the Z170 system. Any thoughts on what might be happening? Thanks.
    • Resume from Standby W2012 R2 not working
      Hi Tinus,   Sorry for my late update too.. I have now looked at Wake timers and it is enabled. I have checked the task exists in task scheduler. I have verified the settings are all exactly the same as my WHS2011 server. The server will wake from Suspend by pushing the power button. The server does NOT wake from a scheduled task in the Lights Out calendar The server will suspend from a WOL command but wont resume using a WOL command. I have confirmed the packet is sent and I am trying to troubleshoot this at the moment but sending the magic packet on UDP 9 doesn't wake it up.  I have checked the NIC and does have allow wake from Magic packet. So I am still trying to get it to work. Cheers Rip.
    • Lights Out service stops running on WIN 10 client
      The icon is visible if you log out and then in again (or restart the computer). You can then drag the icon from the pop-up menu into the visible area.
    • Client not waking up server
      Please try a command line tool: http://gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm#wol What AV solution are you using on the client?