Hi everyone, We're coming up to We Got Served's ten year anniversary and I've been taking a good look at the site to work through some plans for the future. I wanted to give you all a couple of weeks notice that I'll be closing WGS Forums at the end of this month. As you'll be aware, the forums were opened to support Windows Home Server users and have done so brilliantly, thanks to everyone's participation. However, with each day that passes, there are fewer and fewer WHS deployments out there, meaning that forum registrations and traffic has now dwindled. I've tried a few times over the years to test some forums on related or adjacent topics, however, they simply haven't caught on. It's clear that these were always going to be predominately Windows Home Server forums and, with the passing of that platform, they've served their purpose well. So, please take some time to archive anything you need over the next two weeks. Access to the forums will end on Jan 31st 2017. Many, many thanks once again for your participation and support here. It's been a great community! Very best wishes Terry
We Got Served is a growing and friendly community of tech enthusiasts providing discussion and peer to peer support to other users around the world.
Whilst it's very rare for us to have to intervene in any forum thread due to abuse, we do ask users follow the guidelines below when spending time here at WGS Forums. This will ensure everyone gets along and our community continues to be a great place to hang out.
- Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. It's fine to disagree with soneone's point of view, but mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm
- No THREAD HIJACKING. Please start another thread if you have a different topic.
- No SPAMMING. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator and a warning or ban issued immediately.
- No FOUL LANGUAGE. We do have filters in place to block foul language, but would request that you don't try them out!
- No SHOUTING (Posting in all capital letters) It's hard to read and just plain rude and annoying.
- No LINKING or POSTING of pornographic material. Again, warnings and immediate bans are available to those who do.
- Do not post PERSONAL INFORMATION (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. You must respect the privacy of other members. The WGS Forum has addressed privacy concerns by allowing users to set-up their accounts so that e-mail addresses may not be displayed to other users, but rather moderators and administrators only.
- Do not IMPERSONATE other individuals or falsely represent yourself.
- POST to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented. Threads incorrectly placed will be moved or locked. Do not post duplicate posts in multiple threads.
- Do not post MATERIAL where you do not have permission to distribute it electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (Bandwidth Theft) Images are to be hosted personally or by a third party host.
- Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). Do not post files, executables, .ISOs, .DLLs and other content to which you do not own the copyright.
- You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.
- ADVERTISING, site pimping, contests or any type of business promotion is not permitted. Soliciting for fraternal organizations, humanitarian causes or personal rewards is prohibited unless approved prior to posting.
- Do not attempt to post or run any EXECUTABLE CODE on our forums.
- Each WGS member is limited to one ACCOUNT/ALIAS, unless otherwise authorized by a Forum Administrator. Protect your password and your account. You are responsible for your account regardless of compromise or stolen password.
- No active links, graphics, code, profanity or advertising allowed in the SIGNATURE. Signature is limited to 10 lines total at no more than 90 characters per line.
- You must respect forum MODERATORS and ADMINISTRATORS and are bound to follow their directions and instructions.
If any of the above required furtner explanation, please contact a moderator or the forum admin.
The WGS Forums Team