Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

After Update It Stopped Working

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Before yesterday I've upgraded to latest version,the settings were taken from old install but nothing happened.When it's time to suspend just stays on.Today I've manually suspend the server, I hope it will wake up at programmed time,if not I'll be back.Otherwise it's a great piece of software.Regards to all.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Posted · Report post

Before yesterday I've upgraded to latest version,the settings were taken from old install but nothing happened.When it's time to suspend just stays on.Today I've manually suspend the server, I hope it will wake up at programmed time,if not I'll be back.Otherwise it's a great piece of software.Regards to all.

everything work's OK now.

Posted · Report post

And what have you done to resolve it?

Posted · Report post

And what have you done to resolve it?

I was happy to soon;after manually put to sleep the server did woke up at programmed time but it's not gone to suspend as it should.Now it's running, but it shouldn't.

Posted · Report post

From what version have you upgraded? What settings are you using?

Please use Remote Desktop to connect to your server and zip all file found in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LightsOut.

Send the archive by PM.

Posted · Report post

From what version have you upgraded? What settings are you using?

Please use Remote Desktop to connect to your server and zip all file found in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LightsOut.

Send the archive by PM.

You're asking too much from me, I have created zip but have no idea how to get it from server to my PC.

Posted · Report post

You can copy the zip file into a share like \\Server\Software on the server.

Then open the same share on your PC and attach the zip file to a private message (PM).

Posted · Report post

You can copy the zip file into a share like \\Server\Software on the server.

Then open the same share on your PC and attach the zip file to a private message (PM).

OK.Here it is ( I hope ).

LightsOut.Service.2010-01-28.zip

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the logs. Can you please tell me what's your problem?

From the logs I can see that you have enabled WHS client monitoring. The client RUDI-PC was always active the last days. You set up a forced calendar action which suspends the server. That's all working.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the logs. Can you please tell me what's your problem?

From the logs I can see that you have enabled WHS client monitoring. The client RUDI-PC was always active the last days. You set up a forced calendar action which suspends the server. That's all working.

The problem I have is that only resume is working but not suspend.Tonight I've deleted calendar and set up new one and I'll see if it works today.

Posted · Report post

The problem I have is that only resume is working but not suspend.

Are you sure? The log file says:

2010-02-07 00:00:02:015 [ 23] DEBUG Is suspend supported : True

2010-02-07 00:00:02:015 [ 23] DEBUG Is hibernation supported : False

Suspend is working. Have you enabled hibernation under power options?

Please see here for for more information: http://www.axonet.de/whs/webhelp/en/00034.htm

Posted · Report post

Are you sure? The log file says:

2010-02-07 00:00:02:015 [ 23] DEBUG Is suspend supported : True

2010-02-07 00:00:02:015 [ 23] DEBUG Is hibernation supported : False

Suspend is working. Have you enabled hibernation under power options?

Please see here for for more information: http://www.axonet.de/whs/webhelp/en/00034.htm

It will not suspend anymore.The settings are the same as in previous version,it make no sense.Will try hibernation today.

Posted · Report post

It will not suspend anymore.

I don't understand that sentence. From the log file I can see clearly that suspend is supported and working.

Version 1.0 includes a check for supported operations and notifies the users when standby or hibernation are not supported.

In version 0.8.x you've been able to select suspend although it was not internally working.

Please see here for troubleshooting suspend/hibernation: http://www.axonet.de/whs/webhelp/en/00034.htm

The second difference between 0.8 and 1.0 is handling of calendar actions: http://www.axonet.de/whs/webhelp/en/00021.htm

Posted · Report post

I don't understand that sentence. From the log file I can see clearly that suspend is supported and working.

Version 1.0 includes a check for supported operations and notifies the users when standby or hibernation are not supported.

In version 0.8.x you've been able to select suspend although it was not internally working.

Please see here for troubleshooting suspend/hibernation: http://www.axonet.de/whs/webhelp/en/00034.htm

The second difference between 0.8 and 1.0 is handling of calendar actions: http://www.axonet.de/whs/webhelp/en/00021.htm

My first install was one version before 1.01.1038 and was working fine with the same settings which I'm using now.Is it possible that uninstall isn't 100 %;because install of the latest version picked up settings from old install. Maybe the registry should be cleaned after uninstall or something else is screwing

the proper running.Regards.

I have disabled PC monitoring and it's working now.Regards.

Posted · Report post

Is it possible that uninstall isn't 100 %;because install of the latest version picked up settings from old install

That's by design. You should not loose your settings when you update to a newer version.

Posted · Report post

here is the log of my server mine not shutting down. I'm sure this will look odd, because I was playing with it trying to get it to work all morning. I kept trying to schedule a Forced Hibernate.

LightsOut.zip

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Latest Posts

• WHoSeBox - Use your WHS like dropbox
      By stigzler · Posted
      Hi folks. Just thought I'd share a little app I made. It lets you use your WHS like dropbox - with public shares + link grabbing from explorer. I'm a hobby coder - so don't expect watertight - but think it's working OK - any probs just let me know. Check it here: https://whosebox.codeplex.com/
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By darkarn · Posted
      Thanks for your reply! Ah, that issue. I was thinking of using a modded BIOS though, which HP wont support lol, but the network card not working is news to me. Besides, I am strongly considering to pay a bit more and go for a Gen8 instead.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Have shut down the RDP session and re-connected.  Using the host machine's name I still get the message back that the Server isn't switched on, not my network, etc. etc.  Tried again with the IP address and once again I get the warning that the certificate isn't from a trusted source, but at least I can still get an RDP session and the Sharing dialog box is still churning some 20 minutes since I kicked it off (for the 3rd time at least today).  So, would be nice to know why I have this certificate error too???  and how to fix it ;-)
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By Guest · Posted
      Don't.. HP has poor support, and there's lots of compatibility issues with N54l.

Flashing the bios requires permission from HP before you can even download it, luckily i found another download link, but even after updating the bios, the network card still does not work with Windows.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Also having issues with RDP.  But having changed the client connection from using the PC's name to it's static IP I got an error message about the certificate not being from a trusted source.  Ignoring the warning and continuing to connect allowed me to gain a connection from my laptop and then typing "certificate" into the Settings search box got me a tool that allowed me to drag n drop the RDP certificate into the Trusted Root folder.  I'm hoping that'll help with all my connections now but I don't know and don't currently want to shut this RDP session down until performing a few tasks whilst I still can. I have now managed to share out my Software folder on the Server.  Yippee!  But the Music folder sharing is still churning away.  I can only guess it's down to the fact that there are 544 folders & 5265 files???