firedog

Error 0X8007003A

5 posts in this topic

Hi- When I try to copy files to one of my WHS share directories from my PC, I get the following error message: "error 0x8007003A The specified server cannot perform the requested operation". However, if I use Remote Desktop to log on to the WHS, I CAN cut and paste the same file to the same folder on the WHS, a long as I do it from the WHS (that is, copy to the WHS from within the WHS desktop). When I try the same transfer from my PC desktop through Windows explorer, I get the error message. Anyone have an explanation? Thanks

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Which OS are you using on the client PC?

If it's windows 7 x64, try this

Run secpol.msc
Drill down through Local Policies | Security Options.
Find Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level.
Set this Send NTLM response only. [/code]

Which OS are you using on the client PC?

If it's windows 7 x64, try this

Run secpol.msc

Drill down through Local Policies | Security Options.

Find Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level.

Set this Send NTLM response only. 

Thanks. The OS on the client is Vista 64 bit. Apparently secpol.msc doesn't exist on it, as the command wasn't recognized in "run". Have an alternative idea?

Thanks for your help

Hmm, you must be running Home Premium (or Basic...) not sue how then. Will have to look into it

Hmm, you must be running Home Premium (or Basic...) not sue how then. Will have to look into it

Thanks again. Yes,its Home Premium.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• So I currently have Windows Server 2012 Essentials (running in a Hyper-V VM) and am thinking about migrating to a Windows 10 server. I have 12 disks or so on the server all configured via Storage spaces. Can I simply connect these disks up to a Windows 10 install and have all the files appear? From what I have read the storage space info is all on the disks and it should work, but has anyone here actually tried it and succeeded. I have 10+ TB of data and the easiest way to get it to the new server would be to just connect the disks up.   Thanks, -Bill
    • Did you try CC cleaner or a disk clean up program? It seems to me that old files merged or not are still existing, do you have external storage that you could export the known good files to while you reformat and clean the 6TB?
    • Hello Is it possible to clone an external HDD containing the server backup to another external HDD? The external HDD doesn't have a drive letter, so how can I clone the drive?  I have two external drives in a Dual Dockingstation (2 drives), which has a button to clone from A to B, but I don't trust that solution too much..
    • I have a whs 2011 server, which has been running fine for years, however since I have updated the client pc's to windows 10 anniversary edition I am constantly getting a services not running error on clients, having checked the services, all are in the correct state, I have tried restarting some of the obvious ones, but with no success. if I select the fix option in the alert list for the error, it clears, but then returns after 20 mins or so. Not sure what to do next to solve this.
    • well it took a great deal of time but the repair made it possible for the cleanup to go pass the 14% strange however is that even though I told it to delete all the bad backups and merge the good ones it did not clear up any of the disk space. And adding all the good merge backup sizes together shows there should be the normal 6Tb free available. So the failed backups are gone the good backups are all merged but the disk space remains at 212 Mb. not sure how to tackle this I am going to look at it again this next weekend to see if I missed something.
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.