Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nick Danger

1 post in this topic

So the LaCie 5big Backup Server boasts AFP as one of its protocols, but this is not built-in to WHS. What program are they using for AFP (and Spotlight) connectivity?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• I have that update installed and it works ok no denied 403 message, try the direct link to see if it works or there is some weird permissions issue ?
    • I am getting a 403 error access forbidden when I add is anyone else getting this since I am running a full version of server 2016 essentials and have had my setup working fine on 2012r2 wondering if its a update that hasn't been patched yet
    • Did anyone else get a 403 access is denied after adding the /remote ?   Ok so update I did a fresh load configed the server for RWA and everything works as it should I am currently running updates to see if its a bad update why I got the 403 fingers crossed hopefully by end of night I will have migrated my data to the 2016 server from my 2012 r2 and as of now you still need a Update KB3192137 breaks remote webaccess this is why I got 403 error
    • That is a bit over kill on hardware I built mine way cheaper using a 1150 board . My current specs are Motherboard is a MSI Intel Z97 LGA 1150 DDR3 USB 3.0 ATX Motherboard (Z97 PC Mate) Proc is a Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 3.30 ghz 32 GB ddr3 2 hard drives (Western digital black 2TB and a Western Digital black 3TB) PSU is a Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green 380 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply added 2 Intel PRO/1000 Pt Dual Port Server Adapter for VMs and intrusion detection and my case is a Rosewill Server Chassis/Server Case/Rackmount Case, 4U Metal Rack Mount Server Chassis with 15 bays  I do not think you will get the benefit of the SSD on the server I have ran HS2011 Server2012 r2 and Server 2016 essentials I have never gone over 9% cpu usage even on heavy load although  with your specs you will not have to upgrade your hardware for quite a while as the server specs are getting less and less your case option is fine if you don't plan on a rack mounted server in my opinion I would build a ddr4 2011 build for my normal rig and maybe use your current rig for a server as long as its an i5 or better and a 1155 or newer setup they have the same instruction sets and would be cheaper on your wallet
    • This page does not list the media streaming to be deprecated. I am new to Plex and have that setup but I'm still much more comfortable with the Streaming Services provided by Microsoft. Also, does anybody know why the word "streaming" keeps becoming a link in my post?
  • Popular Contributors