• Announcements

• Terry (WGS)

WGS Forums Will Close on January 31st 2017   01/18/17

Hi everyone, We're coming up to We Got Served's ten year anniversary and I've been taking a good look at the site to work through some plans for the future. I wanted to give you all a couple of weeks notice that I'll be closing WGS Forums at the end of this month.  As you'll be aware, the forums were opened to support Windows Home Server users and have done so brilliantly, thanks to everyone's participation. However, with each day that passes, there are fewer and fewer WHS deployments out there, meaning that forum registrations and traffic has now dwindled. I've tried a few times over the years to test some forums on related or adjacent topics, however, they simply haven't caught on. It's clear that these were always going to be predominately Windows Home Server forums and, with the passing of that platform, they've served their purpose well. So, please take some time to archive anything you need over the next two weeks. Access to the forums will end on Jan 31st 2017. Many, many thanks once again for your participation and support here. It's been a great community! Very best wishes Terry
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nick Danger

Afp

1 post in this topic

So the LaCie 5big Backup Server boasts AFP as one of its protocols, but this is not built-in to WHS. What program are they using for AFP (and Spotlight) connectivity?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Please contact support@green-it-software.com and I can send you a copy.
    • Hi, I am looking for these drivers HpMssServiceSetup_v1.0.6 but the dowmload link is dead. Does anyone have a working link please. Thank you.
    • That guide is for installing Exchange on a Server Essentials network, not necessarily installing both services on the same server, which isn't a good idea at all to do (as SBS with Exchange 2007/2010 was a good example of how poorly both AD and Exchange run when both are on the same server), nor is it supported by Microsoft.  Exchange 2016 initially had compatibility issues when installed on Server 2016 until Microsoft's server team came up with KB3206632 and the Exchange team released December 2016's quarterly update (CU3 or 4). Your IIS Reverse proxy will only (currently) be supported on Windows Server 2012/R2, as you've no doubt discovered, the Application Request Routing version and update only support 2012/R2. I know it works for 2012 R2 because I'm running Exchange 2016 CU4 on Server 2012 R2 on my domain that also includes a Server Standard with Essentials Role installed (5 VMs:  2 Domain Controllers, Exchange 2016 CU4, Server Essentials and a Reverse Proxy server all running 2012 R2 using ARR 2.5 -- the ARR Reverse Proxy allows me to share Exchange, Essentials RWA and my QNAP on 443), but thus far, I haven't seen anything for Windows Server 2016.  ARR 3.0 might work with Server 2016, or your other alternative is to deploy another server running 2012/R2 and use ARR 2.5.
    • IPv6 is unchecked on the adapters for client and server and disabled on router. Still no connection. Any other ideas?
    • I realize this is probably not the right place. Is Server 2016 Std available for only one CPU/eight cores?
      All is find is 16 cores or more. Will probably end up with 2016 Essentials anyway.
      Thank you.
  • Popular Contributors