Unknown Error (0X800488Fe) 800400Fe ?

2 posts in this topic

Like the title says, I get a "Unknown error (0x800488fe) 800400fe" when trying to configure my domain for remote access. This happens right after I enter my email address and password. Is there a way I was unregister that domain with MS and use the same domain under a different live account? Any ideas what could be wrong?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

I figured it out. For some reason my hotmail account was locked. I didn't know since I haven't used that one in about 5 years.

Thanks any way.

For the record, is there a way to get rid of the domain name? Can I detach it from that account and attach it to a different one?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Thanks Drummy66, however that does not seem to work with WSE 2016!  Still the same problem Anyone?  
    • Had similar problem with WSE 2012. Solution was to name the Workgroup name same as domain name ie. Workgroup = VITASOFT.
    • My hunch is that it has now been deprecated. Plex is the way to go.
    • Hello It's RTM info here - RTM version of Windows Server 2016 now available for download as evaluation: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/hybridcloudbp/2016/09/27/windows-server-2016-rtm-system-center-2016-rtm-and-azure-stack-tp2-now-available/ The above applies to essentials version too, No need to re-install just change the key to a retail one. If you don't already know the evaluation key on TechNet was wrong and not working, this has now been updated to one that will work NCPR7-*****-*****-*****-3PF6X When you install and get to the desktop and the setting up server panels load it may hang at 17% as I found out, but I did find a solution as follows. "At 17% the computer restarts so I started checking things and found not all the services set to start automatically were running. After setting the services to run the configuration completed. " One other thing I have not yet found a solution to is anywhere access, I currently have this setup on the free Microsoft remotewebaccess.com address, doing this with 2012 & 2012 R2 versions setup the website to load the remote website, this is not the case this time it's loading the internet information services page located in the C:\inetpub\ wwwroot folder Hope this helps Regards Webdoc  
    • I just downloaded the new WSE 2016 on to a clean (SSD) server with nothing on it.  The whole thing want amazingly easy and fast.  I have previously being using WHS 2011. The similarities between the two give me great comfort! I have one problem however, for which I don’t see anything immediately written up that would help a newbie. All my W10 PCs were connected as a “WORKGROUP” (whose name is “Workgroup”)  for the old WHS.  Accessing them from the WHS was simple – just click on the Network Icon in the WHS file explorer.  With WSE  2016, I can see the WD10 PC’s and their icons in WSE File Explorer. When I click for example, on an Icon it asks for a “Credentials to connect to:- JOHNSCOMPUTER”. A popup then asks for the password to VITASOFT\john When I set WSE up I named the DOMAIN “VITASOFT”.  The password on the WD10 PC does not work.  Clearly I have to change the W10 System Properties from a “Workgroup” to “Member of a Domain” The problem I have is when I type in VITASOFT as the Domain on the WD10 PC it comes back. “The specified domain does not exist or could not be reached” It would not take “VITASOFT.local” either. What is the trick?
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.