Web Folders For Whs 11?

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So this is my favorite and most used add-in. I use as a network drive at work and to connect my iPad to my documents.

Any chance this add-in will be ported to WHS11? I thought I read that the developer was no longer supporting the product - if that is true, do you think someone else will take it on?

If not - I bet I can follow these instructions, it is meant for windows server 2008:

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/350/installing-and-configuring-webdav-on-iis-7/

1 person likes this

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Posted · Report post

So this is my favorite and most used add-in. I use as a network drive at work and to connect my iPad to my documents.

Any chance this add-in will be ported to WHS11? I thought I read that the developer was no longer supporting the product - if that is true, do you think someone else will take it on?

If not - I bet I can follow these instructions, it is meant for windows server 2008:

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/350/installing-and-configuring-webdav-on-iis-7/

I am also looking for this functionality. An add-in would be great. I second this request.

Bradley, did the above instructions work for you?

Posted · Report post

I am also looking for this functionality. An add-in would be great. I second this request.

Bradley, did the above instructions work for you?

I absolutely hope Brendan decides to look at making a version for WHS2011. I would certainly be willing to pay money for it! I am sure others would too.

I've tried setting up WebDav in WHS2011, and just can't get it to work. Talk about convoluted! I'm no novice to WHS or server configurations, but I just can't seem to get IIS to cooperate.

I am really hoping Brendan, or SOMEBODY, creates it for 2011!!

I have tried Hamachi and BaracudaDrive. Hamachi is blocked at my work, so that's a non-starter, and BD just is not quite ready for prime-time.

I have not met anyone who was successful in setting up WebDav in 2011/Server 2008 R2. If someone has some pointers, I would certainly appreciate it!

Posted · Report post

Me too, as add it it works like a champ.

I's like to suggeat that the Consol get an update to:

- Note users signed in at this time

- Failed Log on attempts

- Logging for finding errors

HAving access on my iPad is just too cool!

Posted · Report post

Brendan definitely isn't going to be doing any updating of the Add-In or for 2011. He'd been hired by Microsoft a long while back.

Posted · Report post

Brendan definitely isn't going to be doing any updating of the Add-In or for 2011. He'd been hired by Microsoft a long while back.

I hope your observations turn out not to be prophetic.

Brendan abandoned all his Add-Ins but left some hope that DHCP and WebFolders may continue at this post. We can only hope!

http://www.wegotserved.com/2008/09/30/brendan-grant-future-of-my-add-ins/

Posted · Report post

One of the most important add-ins for me and I am still using WHS v1.

Posted · Report post

I posted a guide with some success that I had setting up WebDAV.

Posted · Report post

Hello

Just to inform the people. there is a new addin to replace the old web folders for the new verion of windows 2011.

The name of this aplications is WebDAV for WHS and you can find where http://webdavwhs.codeplex.com/

Best regards

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Latest Posts

• Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Reading a few websites it would appear there's an option to tick in RDP that can ignore the certificate warning.  I must admit I've missed this option in the connection process but will look again tonight.  But is this good practice to ignore such errors?  I appreciate it's all on my private (home) network but I didn't have to do this when using the same client laptop connecting to my old WHS v1.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Woke this morning to a message that one of the folders in Music had already been shared and did I want to replace that with the current request. So said yes. It churned for another 15 minutes or so and then came back and said everything is now shared. So I'll test writing something to that folder structure when I get home tonight. Any thoughts on the certificate error when using RDP on the same network? 
    • WHoSeBox - Use your WHS like dropbox
      By stigzler · Posted
      Hi folks. Just thought I'd share a little app I made. It lets you use your WHS like dropbox - with public shares + link grabbing from explorer. I'm a hobby coder - so don't expect watertight - but think it's working OK - any probs just let me know. Check it here: https://whosebox.codeplex.com/
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By darkarn · Posted
      Thanks for your reply! Ah, that issue. I was thinking of using a modded BIOS though, which HP wont support lol, but the network card not working is news to me. Besides, I am strongly considering to pay a bit more and go for a Gen8 instead.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Have shut down the RDP session and re-connected.  Using the host machine's name I still get the message back that the Server isn't switched on, not my network, etc. etc.  Tried again with the IP address and once again I get the warning that the certificate isn't from a trusted source, but at least I can still get an RDP session and the Sharing dialog box is still churning some 20 minutes since I kicked it off (for the 3rd time at least today).  So, would be nice to know why I have this certificate error too???  and how to fix it ;-)