Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Windows 7 Disks

3 posts in this topic

I hate how HP and other companies do not include windows os disks with their computers and system drives are so expensive if you go through the company that made the computer. Windows Vista was great in that all someone needed to reinstall their OS was a new hard drive and the OS disks. You would just type in the code on the sticker on the computer. Nothing really illegal because you bought a legal copy of the OS with your computer and your still just using that one copy just on a different hard drive because the first system hard drive went bad. Vista was even great in that Ultimate, Home Premium, Home Basic, and Home Starter were all on the same disks meaning the OS disk would install the appropriate OS based on the code from the sticker. Now that I explained things in overly simplistic terms I come to my Windows 7 question:

Can I use Window 7 ulitmate disks to install windows 7 home premium using the code from the sticker on a new system hard drive in an HP computer that originally had windows 7 home premium?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.