Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can I set up 2 Windows Home Servers on my network?

1 post in this topic

Posted · Report post

Q: Can I set up 2 Windows Home Servers on my network?

A: Yes, this is possible. With a few caveats:

i. Each Windows Home Server will require a unique network name.

ii. Your client computers can only connect to one Windows Home Server.

iii. Only one Windows Home Server will be able to utilise the Remote Access features, due to the nature of NAT port forwarding. The other/s will have to have Remote Access turned off.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Latest Posts

• WHoSeBox - Use your WHS like dropbox
      By stigzler · Posted
      Hi folks. Just thought I'd share a little app I made. It lets you use your WHS like dropbox - with public shares + link grabbing from explorer. I'm a hobby coder - so don't expect watertight - but think it's working OK - any probs just let me know. Check it here: https://whosebox.codeplex.com/
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By darkarn · Posted
      Thanks for your reply! Ah, that issue. I was thinking of using a modded BIOS though, which HP wont support lol, but the network card not working is news to me. Besides, I am strongly considering to pay a bit more and go for a Gen8 instead.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Have shut down the RDP session and re-connected.  Using the host machine's name I still get the message back that the Server isn't switched on, not my network, etc. etc.  Tried again with the IP address and once again I get the warning that the certificate isn't from a trusted source, but at least I can still get an RDP session and the Sharing dialog box is still churning some 20 minutes since I kicked it off (for the 3rd time at least today).  So, would be nice to know why I have this certificate error too???  and how to fix it ;-)
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By Guest · Posted
      Don't.. HP has poor support, and there's lots of compatibility issues with N54l.

Flashing the bios requires permission from HP before you can even download it, luckily i found another download link, but even after updating the bios, the network card still does not work with Windows.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Also having issues with RDP.  But having changed the client connection from using the PC's name to it's static IP I got an error message about the certificate not being from a trusted source.  Ignoring the warning and continuing to connect allowed me to gain a connection from my laptop and then typing "certificate" into the Settings search box got me a tool that allowed me to drag n drop the RDP certificate into the Trusted Root folder.  I'm hoping that'll help with all my connections now but I don't know and don't currently want to shut this RDP session down until performing a few tasks whilst I still can. I have now managed to share out my Software folder on the Server.  Yippee!  But the Music folder sharing is still churning away.  I can only guess it's down to the fact that there are 544 folders & 5265 files???