Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can I set up 2 Windows Home Servers on my network?

1 post in this topic

Q: Can I set up 2 Windows Home Servers on my network?

A: Yes, this is possible. With a few caveats:

i. Each Windows Home Server will require a unique network name.

ii. Your client computers can only connect to one Windows Home Server.

iii. Only one Windows Home Server will be able to utilise the Remote Access features, due to the nature of NAT port forwarding. The other/s will have to have Remote Access turned off.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• I am getting a 403 error access forbidden when I add is anyone else getting this since I am running a full version of server 2016 essentials and have had my setup working fine on 2012r2 wondering if its a update that hasn't been patched yet
    • Did anyone else get a 403 access is denied after adding the /remote ?
    • That is a bit over kill on hardware I built mine way cheaper using a 1150 board . My current specs are Motherboard is a MSI Intel Z97 LGA 1150 DDR3 USB 3.0 ATX Motherboard (Z97 PC Mate) Proc is a Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 3.30 ghz 32 GB ddr3 2 hard drives (Western digital black 2TB and a Western Digital black 3TB) PSU is a Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green 380 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply added 2 Intel PRO/1000 Pt Dual Port Server Adapter for VMs and intrusion detection and my case is a Rosewill Server Chassis/Server Case/Rackmount Case, 4U Metal Rack Mount Server Chassis with 15 bays  I do not think you will get the benefit of the SSD on the server I have ran HS2011 Server2012 r2 and Server 2016 essentials I have never gone over 9% cpu usage even on heavy load although  with your specs you will not have to upgrade your hardware for quite a while as the server specs are getting less and less your case option is fine if you don't plan on a rack mounted server in my opinion I would build a ddr4 2011 build for my normal rig and maybe use your current rig for a server as long as its an i5 or better and a 1155 or newer setup they have the same instruction sets and would be cheaper on your wallet
    • This page does not list the media streaming to be deprecated. I am new to Plex and have that setup but I'm still much more comfortable with the Streaming Services provided by Microsoft. Also, does anybody know why the word "streaming" keeps becoming a link in my post?
    • I do NOT monitor this forum for any Lights-Out issues. Please use the official forum on WGS here
  • Popular Contributors