Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
klp

Unable To Restore, Due To Missing Network Driver

4 posts in this topic

Hi people,

I'm reluctant to start a new thread for almost the same issues as many others...

I had a virus attack a few weeks ago and reformatted my extra computer, a HP cd7800 with win XP.

I have tried to restre the same computer using the Restore CD and I cannot install the NIC driver to it.

There is no hw error, as I can install the original XP on it and then the HP NIC driver and see the server and the rest of the world...

No matter how I try to install the NIC driver during the restore phase, either via backed up drivers or the latest or even older HP drivers, it doesn't work.

Last resort seems to be the WHS X-files disc, but that is not avalable...

The link https://technocore.homeserver.com/blog/2010/01/xfiles-edition-server-installation-v1-5-5/ doesn't work for me.

Hope that somone can shar a working method or working link?

// Patrik

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Hi people,

I'm reluctant to start a new thread for almost the same issues as many others...

I had a virus attack a few weeks ago and reformatted my extra computer, a HP cd7800 with win XP.

I have tried to restre the same computer using the Restore CD and I cannot install the NIC driver to it.

There is no hw error, as I can install the original XP on it and then the HP NIC driver and see the server and the rest of the world...

No matter how I try to install the NIC driver during the restore phase, either via backed up drivers or the latest or even older HP drivers, it doesn't work.

Last resort seems to be the WHS X-files disc, but that is not avalable...

The link https://technocore.h...llation-v1-5-5/ doesn't work for me.

Hope that somone can shar a working method or working link?

// Patrik

The restore requires a 32bit Vista driver for the NIC to be loaded durring

the load drivers phase of the restore.

Sorry, that link should work now. I was(is) having server issues. Bad stick of RAM...

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems restoring. Backup and restore is one of the main points of WHS, so it seems that it should "just work" but unfortunately it doesn't most of the time (I'm having my own issues with WHS as well)

Take a look at this HP Drivers Page for your computer model. I've pre-selected the Vista 32-bit drivers (like Garry mentioned).

I don't know if you have the Broadcom or Intel network card so you'll have to figure that out (usually by going into the Device Manager). When you figure that out, scroll down the Drivers page I've provided you with and download whichever Network driver applies to your hardware. You should be able to "unzip" or extract the file you downloaded. Do that, but don't actually install it on your computer. Locate where the drivers unzipped to (usually C:\SWSetup if I remember correctly) and copy the folder onto a flash drive.

Then, once you boot from the Restore CD, it should automatically find your correct drivers on the flash drive and let you proceed.

Let us know if you require additional assistance.

Good luck! :)

- Fusion