Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Task "additional Client Computer Backup Tasks"

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So i looked around this forum as well as googled this problem many time and haven't found anything for this problem yet.

When i select a client computer then click Additional client computer backup tasks I get an error popup that states *The task "Additional client computer backup tasks" did not complete successfully.

I have no idea why this is popping up and has for a few months now. I have checked to see if the client back up services are running on the server and the client and as far as I know everything is started. So my obvious question is, has anyone else seen this and if they have maybe a solution to it?

On a side note if i simply missed a thread already started can someone point me in its direction?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Posted · Report post

I'm having this same issue, and if you try to restore it will fail. Dane I hope you're backing up locally on a separate HD just incase you need to restore a file or folder. I'm still looking for a reslotion to to this as well.

Posted · Report post

Server backups are still working and they are going to a dedicated external drive, how ever there is nothing on this server that i am worried about loosing, all the storage drives are duplicated and are recoverable if i have to do a fresh install...just dont want to if i dont have to :) Good advice either way though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Latest Posts

• WHoSeBox - Use your WHS like dropbox
      By stigzler · Posted
      Hi folks. Just thought I'd share a little app I made. It lets you use your WHS like dropbox - with public shares + link grabbing from explorer. I'm a hobby coder - so don't expect watertight - but think it's working OK - any probs just let me know. Check it here: https://whosebox.codeplex.com/
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By darkarn · Posted
      Thanks for your reply! Ah, that issue. I was thinking of using a modded BIOS though, which HP wont support lol, but the network card not working is news to me. Besides, I am strongly considering to pay a bit more and go for a Gen8 instead.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Have shut down the RDP session and re-connected.  Using the host machine's name I still get the message back that the Server isn't switched on, not my network, etc. etc.  Tried again with the IP address and once again I get the warning that the certificate isn't from a trusted source, but at least I can still get an RDP session and the Sharing dialog box is still churning some 20 minutes since I kicked it off (for the 3rd time at least today).  So, would be nice to know why I have this certificate error too???  and how to fix it ;-)
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By Guest · Posted
      Don't.. HP has poor support, and there's lots of compatibility issues with N54l.

Flashing the bios requires permission from HP before you can even download it, luckily i found another download link, but even after updating the bios, the network card still does not work with Windows.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Also having issues with RDP.  But having changed the client connection from using the PC's name to it's static IP I got an error message about the certificate not being from a trusted source.  Ignoring the warning and continuing to connect allowed me to gain a connection from my laptop and then typing "certificate" into the Settings search box got me a tool that allowed me to drag n drop the RDP certificate into the Trusted Root folder.  I'm hoping that'll help with all my connections now but I don't know and don't currently want to shut this RDP session down until performing a few tasks whilst I still can. I have now managed to share out my Software folder on the Server.  Yippee!  But the Music folder sharing is still churning away.  I can only guess it's down to the fact that there are 544 folders & 5265 files???