Bill Clinton

Mirroring Error - All Disks Holding Extents Must Have The Same...

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to set up drive mirroring with whs 2011. I have 2 identical 2 TB green drives. Disk 0 as the system files and 1800 gigs left for my data. I want to mirror the data partition to the other 2 tb drive. I keep getting the following error "All disks holding extents for a given volume must have the same sector size and the sector size must be valid"

I have researched it and others have the same problem but no fix that I can find.

Does anyone have anything I can try?

Thanks

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

I am trying to set up drive mirroring with whs 2011. I have 2 identical 2 TB green drives. Disk 0 as the system files and 1800 gigs left for my data. I want to mirror the data partition to the other 2 tb drive. I keep getting the following error "All disks holding extents for a given volume must have the same sector size and the sector size must be valid"

I have researched it and others have the same problem but no fix that I can find.

Does anyone have anything I can try?

Thanks

After some more research it seems that the problem I am having is a known issue and due to the cluster size used by the larger disks by default. MS does not support mirroring due to that.