Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muskmusk

Remove Start Screen Logon From Whs2011

2 posts in this topic

How do I remove the start screen logon from WHS2011, It needs to be removed because of program Startup when i reboot the server

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

I'm not sure about removing the login screen, but I have program's starting by using a scheduled task and selecting the run whether user is logged in or not option.

Works for most programs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Teetime
      Hopefully I have enough clues below for someone to help me figure out how to troubleshoot this. I am no longer able to log in to my WhS 2011 Server via the Dashboard on either of my two clients. I get this Windows error:
      Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:
      1) Remote access to the server is not enabled
      2) The remote computer is turned off
      3) The remote computer is not available on the network
      However, I can access the Server's shared folders from either client, and I can remote login to the server from either client. When I remote login, I can start the WHS desktop via the Dashboard app there. I just can't login from either of the client Dashboards. Any ideas what could be causing this?

• By Musicman50
      Newbie here.
      Lights-Out installed correctly on my WHS2011 (Home Server 2011), but if I try to schedule a sleep mode, it says this option is not available.
      It will allow me to schedule a shutdown, but it does not actually work in my tests.
      I also checked from the Start Button and Sleep is grayed out only shut down is available.
      The computer/server is an eMachine running WHS2011 but formerly running Win 7 pro, and it would goto sleep mode on that OS.
      Is WHS2011 blocking this setting ?
      Thanks for anyone's help..

• By Davidha
      I am trying to support my church with an issue they have with their WHS 2011 system.  They have an HP desktop pc that was running under 8.1 and backing up fine to their WHS 2011 system.  A week ago, the admin must of accidently hit something to schedule an upgrade to Win 10.  As soon as that happened, the connector would no longer connect to the server.  I uninstalled the connector and tried reinstalling it.  Everything looks like it is working great until the very end and the status bar suddenly starts going backwards until an error comes up that says an error occurred and most of the installation has been deleted.  I have made sure all the updates on both the pc and server have been installed.  I have rebooted both machines.  I have tried a couple of the hotfixes suggested in different forums and I already have them on.  I have the same scenario at home where a machine updated and broke the connector.  I just had to uninstall and reinstall and everything was fine.  I tried copying the connector from my server to the machine at church and got the same results.  I also saw a post to try loading the 2012 server connector on the machine and then delete it...but that didn't help as well.  I am noticing that some of the services are not turning on.  I have turned on all the windows services on both machines, but still no luck.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I have spent about 6-7 hours on this issue!
    • By britgeezer
      I have 3 PC's  (2 W10 Pro and 1 W7) and a server running WHS 2011.
      All was well until I updated this PC to new W10 Pro install using an ASUS  Z07-Pro Gamer MB, all other components are the same.
      I had little trouble to install connector and dashboard started up and allowed this PC  to be added as a new user and it shows me as active under user.
      However, when I go to "computers and backup" this PC does not show up in the list of PC's that can be selected.
      I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the connector several times, made sure I have no W10 updates pending, restarted the server all to no avail.
      If I try to run backup from Launchpad I get the message "backup is not setup for this computer".
      This has to be a simple error but its got me stumped - help please.

• By Teetime
      I am using WHS 2011. I have two Windows 10 clients. The laptop was upgraded in place from Windows 7 to Windows 10 several months ago and LO works fine there. The desktop was upgraded in place from Windows 7 to Windows Windows 10 yesterday and I can't get its LO service to continue running. If I manually start it, everything looks fine but after several hours the service stops.
      Here are my observations that will hopefully help you determine what the problem is. With the service stopped I log into WHS 2011 and go to the LO Computers tab. For the Win10 desktop all of the items are grayed out. Back at the desktop, I right click the LO lightbulb and select About. It shows me connected to the home server. If I click the home server link it takes me to the Explorer view of the server's folders. Both client PCs are running 1.6.1.2408. What should I do to get LO working properly on this Wn 10 client?

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• So I currently have Windows Server 2012 Essentials (running in a Hyper-V VM) and am thinking about migrating to a Windows 10 server. I have 12 disks or so on the server all configured via Storage spaces. Can I simply connect these disks up to a Windows 10 install and have all the files appear? From what I have read the storage space info is all on the disks and it should work, but has anyone here actually tried it and succeeded. I have 10+ TB of data and the easiest way to get it to the new server would be to just connect the disks up.   Thanks, -Bill
    • Did you try CC cleaner or a disk clean up program? It seems to me that old files merged or not are still existing, do you have external storage that you could export the known good files to while you reformat and clean the 6TB?
    • Hello Is it possible to clone an external HDD containing the server backup to another external HDD? The external HDD doesn't have a drive letter, so how can I clone the drive?  I have two external drives in a Dual Dockingstation (2 drives), which has a button to clone from A to B, but I don't trust that solution too much..
    • I have a whs 2011 server, which has been running fine for years, however since I have updated the client pc's to windows 10 anniversary edition I am constantly getting a services not running error on clients, having checked the services, all are in the correct state, I have tried restarting some of the obvious ones, but with no success. if I select the fix option in the alert list for the error, it clears, but then returns after 20 mins or so. Not sure what to do next to solve this.
    • well it took a great deal of time but the repair made it possible for the cleanup to go pass the 14% strange however is that even though I told it to delete all the bad backups and merge the good ones it did not clear up any of the disk space. And adding all the good merge backup sizes together shows there should be the normal 6Tb free available. So the failed backups are gone the good backups are all merged but the disk space remains at 212 Mb. not sure how to tackle this I am going to look at it again this next weekend to see if I missed something.
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.