Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reinstalling WHS on an HP EX470 MediaSmart

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ever since I’ve had my HP MediaSmart EX470 Home Server, I’ve had problems with it. I’ve got so many apparently unsolvable problems now, that in the desperate hope that it might help, I want to try a complete reinstall of Windows Home Server. That way I can be sure I have a relatively pure system, which seems to be a good starting point. However, I'm a bit of a newbie at this and I'm wary of trying to reinstall WHS on a box that lacks a keyboard, monitor or CD/DVD drive. Is there an idiot's guide on how to do it? I haven't seen one that doesn't assume an intimate knowledge of rebuilding servers.

(Incidentally, my problems include a 100% inability to stream any media files to a PlayStation3, using PVConnect, TVersity or WMP11, occaisional permissioning errors, and a 90% inability to save Excel files onto the server with 'document not saved' errors, files disappearing and temp files being dumped in their place)

Thanks for any help!

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

Posted · Report post

Aha - a fellow EX470 user has given the solution. I believe this is specific to HP MediaSmart servers, and not to other types of WHS. The OS on the server can be re-installed from any PC on the network by running the Server Recovery Disc and following the prompts - simple! :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

yup. You may want to see about updating the drivers for the NIC though.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0