Forums

1. We Got Served eBook Discussion

1. Building a Windows 10 Home Server

Discuss Building a Windows 10 Home Server and ask any questions as you follow the guide. 

1. Apple Mac OS X Server

Discuss your experiences with and questions about Apple OS X Server.

If you want to chat about NAS devices, you're amongst friends right here.

Discuss your server hardware in this forum.

1. Components

If you have a problem with your smart home kit, or have a questions about a specific component that doesn't fit in another forum, share it here.

• No posts here yet
    2. Network/IP Cameras

Use this forum to chat about Network/IP Cameras.

Use this forum to discuss smart home lighting solutions, such as Philips Hue, Lightify and others.

• No posts here yet
    4. Security

Smart Locks, motion detectors, home sensors, alarms and more. Talk about them here.

Discuss Smart Home Platforms such as SmartThings, Apple HomeKit and others right here.

Discuss your experiences with smart home temperature control devices like the Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell Lyric and others.

1. Apple Mac OS X

Need help a with Mac? Talk here.

Help and support for Windows PCs.

If you're looking for discussion about hard drives, solid state drives and other storage media, then head here.

From Ethernet to Powerline, Wi-Fi, Routers and Switches - discuss your networking issues and victories in this forum.

1. Digital Media Receivers

Discuss digital media receivers which connect to home servers, PCs and other networked attached storage devices.

Share your experiences and issues with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the Sony PlayStation.

1. 88

1. General Chat

If we've not covered your discussions in other forums, then post it here.

New to the forums? Feel free to pop in here, introduce yourself and post your home server specs, if you wish.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    dvines12

• Windows 10 suspends but won't wake on schedule
      Lights-Out (re)creates the task just before it goes into standby. If it does not wake-up from wake timers: - verify that you put the computer into standby (no shut down) - verify that wake timers are enabled in power settings - verify that the computer is still on power during standby
    • WHS 2011 with Win 10
      I am trying to support my church with an issue they have with their WHS 2011 system.  They have an HP desktop pc that was running under 8.1 and backing up fine to their WHS 2011 system.  A week ago, the admin must of accidently hit something to schedule an upgrade to Win 10.  As soon as that happened, the connector would no longer connect to the server.  I uninstalled the connector and tried reinstalling it.  Everything looks like it is working great until the very end and the status bar suddenly starts going backwards until an error comes up that says an error occurred and most of the installation has been deleted.  I have made sure all the updates on both the pc and server have been installed.  I have rebooted both machines.  I have tried a couple of the hotfixes suggested in different forums and I already have them on.  I have the same scenario at home where a machine updated and broke the connector.  I just had to uninstall and reinstall and everything was fine.  I tried copying the connector from my server to the machine at church and got the same results.  I also saw a post to try loading the 2012 server connector on the machine and then delete it...but that didn't help as well.  I am noticing that some of the services are not turning on.  I have turned on all the windows services on both machines, but still no luck.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I have spent about 6-7 hours on this issue!
    • Stablebit Clouddrive Public Beta
      Drashna Do you have a timeline for production release? If I load a Cloud Drive shared file folder in WHS 2011 with files, this Cloud Drive application will sync files on selected cloud storage provider. Is that how this works? What I am looking for is a way to manage access to Videos that we create in my family to be viewed on selected cloud suppliers without having to download from server to Cloud provider through a client computer We will still watch locally on a client computer I have read your web site literature but since I am pretty new to this it is better to ask than to assume Thanks    
    • Windows 10 suspends but won't wake on schedule
      I have gotten my Windows 10 server to sleep and stay asleep but it won't wake on the LO schedule. I can wake it from a client computer. I took a screen shot of the active wake timers and it is below. After the first shot I deleted the schedule and then recreated it. I took another screen shot and noticed the LO wasn't listed? I have also looked at the task scheduler and it shows up in the history there. I noticed that LO isn't listed in the second screen shot? Thanks  
    • Installing connector after Win10 upgrade
      You don't have to deregister, simply download the connector via http://server/connect and run it again. Then reboot the machine. That's important!
  • Latest Topics