1. We Got Served eBook Discussion

1. Building a Windows 10 Home Server

Discuss Building a Windows 10 Home Server and ask any questions as you follow the guide. 

2. Home Servers & NAS

1. Apple Mac OS X Server

Discuss your experiences with and questions about Apple OS X Server.

2. Network Attached Storage

If you want to chat about NAS devices, you're amongst friends right here.

3. Server Hardware

Discuss your server hardware in this forum.

4. 113481
  3. Smart Home

1. Components

If you have a problem with your smart home kit, or have a questions about a specific component that doesn't fit in another forum, share it here.

• No posts here yet
    2. Network/IP Cameras

Use this forum to chat about Network/IP Cameras.

3. Lighting

Use this forum to discuss smart home lighting solutions, such as Philips Hue, Lightify and others.

• No posts here yet
    4. Security

Smart Locks, motion detectors, home sensors, alarms and more. Talk about them here.

5. Smart Home Platforms

Discuss Smart Home Platforms such as SmartThings, Apple HomeKit and others right here.

6. Temperature Control

Discuss your experiences with smart home temperature control devices like the Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell Lyric and others.

4. Computers, Networking and Storage

1. Apple Mac OS X

Need help a with Mac? Talk here.

2. Windows

Help and support for Windows PCs.

3. Hard Drives and Storage

If you're looking for discussion about hard drives, solid state drives and other storage media, then head here.

4. Networking

From Ethernet to Powerline, Wi-Fi, Routers and Switches - discuss your networking issues and victories in this forum.

5. Home Cinema and Gaming

1. Digital Media Receivers

Discuss digital media receivers which connect to home servers, PCs and other networked attached storage devices.

2. Xbox & PlayStation

Share your experiences and issues with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the Sony PlayStation.

6. Mobile

1. 88
  7. Open Mic

1. General Chat

If we've not covered your discussions in other forums, then post it here.

2. Pleased to Meet You!

New to the forums? Feel free to pop in here, introduce yourself and post your home server specs, if you wish.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    • Restoring back up fails.
      Hi there guys, I am having a problem restoring a backup from Windows Home Server 2011 to a Windows 10 X64 Pro Client, the dashboard upon trying to restore the client says an unknown network error has occured, but this is misleading the Server is still on the network in fact shared folders are still available. What i have noticed is that when this occurs if i check in the dashboard all my backups are saying Backup Status unknown.  To add to the mix I am running drive bender so the drives are all basically pooled as d:\. Drive bender is heavilly accessing the pool and validating files, I have sent a ticket off to the makers of Drive Bender but I am awaiting their response. I have just tried to restore the System Reserved 350MB partition which worked just fine, it just seems to get bogged down when I am trying to restore my 128GB SSD.   Any ideas guys?   Thanks    
    • All Client Backups Missing/no Clients Will Backup - Can Seem To Do Them Manually
      Well, a restore of the server would, in this case I would say, be a BMR of it. But frankly, I just do not know what you should do. You could perhaps try to do a repair of the installation with the setup-DVD but not sure if it has that option.
    • Still unable to install connector WSE-2012
      I had the same problem with  Windows Server Essentials 2012 (NOT R2) the connector would not work; I also tried about a million forums.  I even tried to run it without a domain to see if I could get it to work that way, it made it worse and it started to shut-down for violating the license agreement.  What did work was taking all of the data off and then doing a complete reload of the system.  I just put up a post about that because when I tried it 'with updates', it locked me out twice.  When I installed it without updates is worked and is running solid now for the first time.  I have windows 10 PC's now, but they all connected to the link that the server puts up without a issue after the reload.
    • OS reload locks you out
      I had a lot of trouble with my installation of Windows Essentials 2012, so much so that I decided to reload the system. The HP Gen8 came loaded with the OS, but something just was not right. This requires contacting HP to get the media kit (which probably should have come with it in the first place) for a fee.  After making sure that nothing is on your server that you want when you
      install the OS (as it will be formatted) the OS installs and then promptly locks you out of the new system! The user name comes up as ‘Administrator’, but you don’t’ have the password because you never had a chance to set it. The so-called ‘default password’ of
      Admin@123’ does not work either.  After trying this once more to make sure I did not miss something I did some research and found out that there is a bug with the new update. The solution is to install the OS without updates so that you will have a chance to set the Administrator (and other) passwords.  I hope this helps someone else. The system is working great now.
    • All Client Backups Missing/no Clients Will Backup - Can Seem To Do Them Manually
      Yep...unfortunately it may take more time to fix than its worth, I know WHS won't be supported much longer....I can still access all my files and may just find a NAS drive with a backup solution and copy it all there.  I have a backup of the server but it relies on the services I can not access right now.   Even if I could get to it I'm not sure which files I would copy.   thanks for your help
  • Latest Topics