1. We Got Served eBook Discussion

1. Building a Windows 10 Home Server

Discuss Building a Windows 10 Home Server and ask any questions as you follow the guide. 

2. Home Servers & NAS

1. Apple Mac OS X Server

Discuss your experiences with and questions about Apple OS X Server.

2. Network Attached Storage

If you want to chat about NAS devices, you're amongst friends right here.

3. Server Hardware

Discuss your server hardware in this forum.

4. 114559
  3. Smart Home

1. Components

If you have a problem with your smart home kit, or have a questions about a specific component that doesn't fit in another forum, share it here.

• No posts here yet
    2. Network/IP Cameras

Use this forum to chat about Network/IP Cameras.

3. Lighting

Use this forum to discuss smart home lighting solutions, such as Philips Hue, Lightify and others.

• No posts here yet
    4. Security

Smart Locks, motion detectors, home sensors, alarms and more. Talk about them here.

5. Smart Home Platforms

Discuss Smart Home Platforms such as SmartThings, Apple HomeKit and others right here.

6. Temperature Control

Discuss your experiences with smart home temperature control devices like the Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell Lyric and others.

4. Computers, Networking and Storage

1. Apple Mac OS X

Need help a with Mac? Talk here.

2. Windows

Help and support for Windows PCs.

3. Hard Drives and Storage

If you're looking for discussion about hard drives, solid state drives and other storage media, then head here.

4. Networking

From Ethernet to Powerline, Wi-Fi, Routers and Switches - discuss your networking issues and victories in this forum.

5. Home Cinema and Gaming

1. Digital Media Receivers

Discuss digital media receivers which connect to home servers, PCs and other networked attached storage devices.

2. Xbox & PlayStation

Share your experiences and issues with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the Sony PlayStation.

6. Mobile

1. 88
  7. Open Mic

1. General Chat

If we've not covered your discussions in other forums, then post it here.

2. Pleased to Meet You!

New to the forums? Feel free to pop in here, introduce yourself and post your home server specs, if you wish.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
  • Latest Posts

• I am getting a 403 error access forbidden when I add is anyone else getting this since I am running a full version of server 2016 essentials and have had my setup working fine on 2012r2 wondering if its a update that hasn't been patched yet
    • Did anyone else get a 403 access is denied after adding the /remote ?   Ok so update I did a fresh load configed the server for RWA and everything works as it should I am currently running updates to see if its a bad update why I got the 403 fingers crossed hopefully by end of night I will have migrated my data to the 2016 server from my 2012 r2 and as of now you still need a Update KB3192137 breaks remote webaccess this is why I got 403 error
    • That is a bit over kill on hardware I built mine way cheaper using a 1150 board . My current specs are Motherboard is a MSI Intel Z97 LGA 1150 DDR3 USB 3.0 ATX Motherboard (Z97 PC Mate) Proc is a Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 3.30 ghz 32 GB ddr3 2 hard drives (Western digital black 2TB and a Western Digital black 3TB) PSU is a Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green 380 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply added 2 Intel PRO/1000 Pt Dual Port Server Adapter for VMs and intrusion detection and my case is a Rosewill Server Chassis/Server Case/Rackmount Case, 4U Metal Rack Mount Server Chassis with 15 bays  I do not think you will get the benefit of the SSD on the server I have ran HS2011 Server2012 r2 and Server 2016 essentials I have never gone over 9% cpu usage even on heavy load although  with your specs you will not have to upgrade your hardware for quite a while as the server specs are getting less and less your case option is fine if you don't plan on a rack mounted server in my opinion I would build a ddr4 2011 build for my normal rig and maybe use your current rig for a server as long as its an i5 or better and a 1155 or newer setup they have the same instruction sets and would be cheaper on your wallet
  • Latest Topics