Forums

1. Apple Mac OS X Server

Discuss your experiences with and questions about Apple OS X Server.

If you want to chat about NAS devices, you're amongst friends right here.

Discuss your server hardware in this forum.

If you have a problem with your smart home kit, or have a questions about a specific component that doesn't fit in another forum, share it here.

• No posts here yet
    2. Network/IP Cameras

Use this forum to chat about Network/IP Cameras.

Use this forum to discuss smart home lighting solutions, such as Philips Hue, Lightify and others.

• No posts here yet
    4. Security

Smart Locks, motion detectors, home sensors, alarms and more. Talk about them here.

Discuss Smart Home Platforms such as SmartThings, Apple HomeKit and others right here.

Discuss your experiences with smart home temperature control devices like the Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell Lyric and others.

Need help a with Mac? Talk here.

Help and support for Windows PCs.

If you're looking for discussion about hard drives, solid state drives and other storage media, then head here.

From Ethernet to Powerline, Wi-Fi, Routers and Switches - discuss your networking issues and victories in this forum.

Discuss digital media receivers which connect to home servers, PCs and other networked attached storage devices.

Share your experiences and issues with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the Sony PlayStation.

If we've not covered your discussions in other forums, then post it here.

New to the forums? Feel free to pop in here, introduce yourself and post your home server specs, if you wish.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jamey

• Server stopped waking up on a Sunday
      By Fozzie Bear · Posted
      I have had lights out working beautifully on my win7 64 bit Pro server for at least 6 months. Its scheduled to go to sleep at midnight and wake up every day at 6:00am. I have scheduled all other tasks (backup, updates etc) to happen during the day so the sleep period is not affected. However recently it has stopped waking up on a Sunday morning. Nothing on the server has really changed and I had not previously updated the software. However when I started getting this problem I did update the software to the latest version but the problem persists. Any advice would be appreciated Fozzie
    • Windows 10 And Whs V1
      By DaveL · Posted
      Should add that I have backed up GPT which my current laptop has installed, just don't have a spare drive to test a full system restore for it at this stage
    • Windows 10 And Whs V1
      By DaveL · Posted
      thought I'd add here. I'm still running WHS V1, server running under VMware ESXi 5.5, client PC's updated to Win-10 with no issues, including installing the connector on a fresh install. Tested backup and restore to MBR disk with no issues at all. Can't vouch that UEFI/GPT will work successfully direct booted off the restore CD, so that may need to be achieved via a.n.other PC hosting the drive to be restored.
    • HP ex475 revival
      By Sodonnell8p · Posted
      I recently pulled out my old ex475, slapped in a fresh hd and booted upup. It went right into a recovery mode and then got to this point and stopped. What's my next step? This is a screenshot direct from a debug port vga connection.
    • Does WHS Launchpad need to be running to monitor?
      By KenV99 · Posted
      Hi, I am running WHS2011 and would like to know if in order for a Win10 or Win7 computer to appear in the uptime chart, if only using 'WHS Computers' as a Monitored Source (and not IP), does the computer need to have WHS Launchpad running? The connector is installed on all computers, but I prefer to not run the launchpad on my HTPC. Thanks.
  • Latest Topics