1. Building a Windows 10 Home Server

Discuss Building a Windows 10 Home Server and ask any questions as you follow the guide. 

1. Apple Mac OS X Server

Discuss your experiences with and questions about Apple OS X Server.

2. Network Attached Storage

If you want to chat about NAS devices, you're amongst friends right here.

3. Server Hardware

Discuss your server hardware in this forum.

4. 113301
    1. Components

If you have a problem with your smart home kit, or have a questions about a specific component that doesn't fit in another forum, share it here.

• No posts here yet
    2. Network/IP Cameras

Use this forum to chat about Network/IP Cameras.

3. Lighting

Use this forum to discuss smart home lighting solutions, such as Philips Hue, Lightify and others.

• No posts here yet
    4. Security

Smart Locks, motion detectors, home sensors, alarms and more. Talk about them here.

5. Smart Home Platforms

Discuss Smart Home Platforms such as SmartThings, Apple HomeKit and others right here.

6. Temperature Control

Discuss your experiences with smart home temperature control devices like the Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell Lyric and others.

1. Apple Mac OS X

Need help a with Mac? Talk here.

2. Windows

Help and support for Windows PCs.

3. Hard Drives and Storage

If you're looking for discussion about hard drives, solid state drives and other storage media, then head here.

4. Networking

From Ethernet to Powerline, Wi-Fi, Routers and Switches - discuss your networking issues and victories in this forum.

1. Digital Media Receivers

Discuss digital media receivers which connect to home servers, PCs and other networked attached storage devices.

2. Xbox & PlayStation

Share your experiences and issues with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the Sony PlayStation.

1. 88
    1. General Chat

If we've not covered your discussions in other forums, then post it here.

2. Pleased to Meet You!

New to the forums? Feel free to pop in here, introduce yourself and post your home server specs, if you wish.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
  • Latest Posts

• The "Holy Grail": WMC on 2011 servers, now is possible !!!
      By The Solutor · Posted

First of all I have yet to assemble the instructions on a single post (I'll do ASAP, but I'm pretty busy right now) they are scattered on two or three post, given this is a "byproduct" of the long work  done to get WMC working on W10.

Secondly, I think that there isn't a single person in the world that has all the knowledge needed to get that result, the credits for that results belongs to many people and all of them are MDL users, no matter if involved on WMC on W10 developent. Developers of the tools needed and people who spent literally months experimenting at home the partly finished work.

On my side I had this dream since a lot of time, and I spent good time to port to WHS what we discovered on W10.

Given the above I would consider inrespectful for the devs involved to post blatantly just the end result somewhere else.

I'll surely support here who want to have WMC on WHS-2011 (and his brother SSE 2008r2, and his cousin SBS 2011) but the main thread belongs to MDL.
      By Terry (WGS) · Posted
      Hi Can you please post the content of the walkthrough here? The link you posted is to a closed forum, requiring registration, so right now, this looks like link spam. Sounds exciting, but I'd be grateful if you could support our community too! Regards Terry
    • Data Hard Drives Don't Appear in Dashboard
      By Sailwithed · Posted
      Something weird is happening with my WHS 2011 installation.  I have a very simple installation.  My C: drive is a 120 GB SSD, and I have two 3TB WD Red mirrored hard drives for data.  The installation is more than a year old and has worked fine. Now, when I open Dashboard and click on the Server Folders tab, I see all of my shared files and their locations.  However, the Free Space column for ALL folders displays Unknown, not the actual amount of free space.  Additionally, when I click on the Hard Drives tab, I see ONLY the 120GB C:\ drive, and NEITHER of the data hard drives appear.  I've tried rebooting the server, to no avail. All of the data is where it should be in the shared folders.  I have roughly 2.5 TB of data, mirrored across the two WDs, and everything seems to be working fine.  I'm concerned, however, with the strange behavior of the drives not appearing in Server Folders and Hard Drives.  Any ideas? Thanks, Ed
      By The Solutor · Posted

First message here just to inform you that i managed to get finally working (fully working) WMC on Vail.
      So tink twice before thinking to upgrade to something else.  
      Details here!!!!        
    • HP ProLiant ML350 Generation 5 (G5)
      By Terry (WGS) · Posted
      It's a beast, but you can't beat free!
  • Latest Topics